Chapter 26 - Oh Well ( Chuunin Exams Part 6 )

Start from the beginning

Match 2: Weird guy with bugs vs a ninja from Sound - I heavily underestimated the insect user

Match 3: Kittie boy vs another leaf guy - kittie boy is not as stupid as he appears to be

Match 4: Haku vs Ayane - Haku is way too nice, he let himself get caught in her Genjutsu which made him go unconscious

Match 5: Hina-chan vs Mr.Destiny - Mr.Destiny would do anything to win; Oni-chan obviously has a thing for Hina-chan

Match 6: Oni-chan vs Wolfie - Oni-chan somehow fainted after he won, probably chakra exhaustion

I sighed, watching as the names got shuffled yet again before they stopped.

Uzumaki Mai vs Yakushi Kabuto

The board read. Rolling my eyes, I was about to jump down when someone grabbed my hand.

"What do you want now Sadao?"I snapped, not even looking at her.

"Mai I'm begging you, please give up the match, that guy is way out of your league, he's gonna kill you"her voice came out as a cracked whisper. Tearing my wrist out of her grasp, I jumped down, not sparing her a glance.

"Are both of you ready?"the proctor looked at us both as we nodded.

"3"four-eyes smirked at me as he got into his stance.

"2"I snickered, getting down into my stance.

"1!"the proctor jumped out of the way as four-eyes jumped at me, a kunai aimed at my head. Ducking, I punched him in the jaw. Not bothered by my punch in the slightest, he swirled the kunai down before swinging it towards my injured side. Jumping back a few meters, I missed it narrowly by having it slash my leg instead. 'It reopened' I hissed, forming a quick handsing.

"Shadow clone jutsu"I said, disappearing in the puff of smoke as the gray boy sprinted towards me. Seconds later, me and my 10 newly formed clones jumped out of the smoke with me in the back and the 11th clone staying behind to pose as me. Just as I predicted, he slashed through a the clones in front of me before jumping right above my head and heading towards "me" who was standing still with a kunai out. I turned around just in time to watch him as he was about to stab my clone. Reacting quickly, I threw 5 shuriken at him.

3rd POV

Everything seemed like a slow motion as Kabuto's kunai went right through Mai clone's head, the creature disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

"AHHH!!!"his face went from shocked to pained as he screamed, 3 shuriken sticking out of the center of his back and one out of each of his thighs.

"Uzumaki Mai is the winner!"Hayate announced, making the said girl smile as she relaxed a little. Then, as Kabuto was falling to the ground with blood trailing down his back, he formed a handseal, muttering a silent "release" with a satisfied smirk.

"MAI, BEHIND YOU!!!"Ayane screamed as she jumped over the railing, tears streaming down her face.

'What is she talking ab-' Mai thought as she spun around just a second too late to save herself from the kunai that her opponent's clone threw at her heart before puffing away. And, just like that, she dropped to the floor, blood oozing out of both her chest and abdomen as the shocked audience stood still, watching as her blond teammate rushed to her side with medics hurrying out of their booth.

Back to Mai's POV

"Mai, listen to me, okay?You'll be fine, everything will be alright an-and, I know it sounds selfish but...please don't leave me, I can't lose my best friend"I heard Ayane cry next to me as I slipped out of consciousness while feeling myself getting carried away.

'Oh well, I guess this round goes to you, you four-eyed snake' I thought as my past memories of Kabuto rushed back.

I updated so soon, I'm very proud of myself!

Anywho, for whoever I confused with the fight, here's what happened:
Mai threw shuriken at Kabuto who released a Genjutsu that he cast upon his clone to make him invisible. Then, as he felt himself loosing consciousness, he made his clone throw the kunai at Mai before puffing away. And I think everyone got the part of kunai landing in Mai's chest and her wound reopening and bleeding again.

That was one long explanation but anyway, please tell me how I did with this fighting scene>﹏<.

Oh and yeah, the song above is what goes through Ayane's head while they carry Mai to the infirmary.

Anywho, hope you enjoyed, see you next time annnd...

You are the best,
Don't let others get you down,
Stay awesome,
Love you all,
~Maja-chan