Octavia Blake (03)

"I'm so in love with you"
"Are you drunk?"
"I can take care of myself just fine"

🍃

You sigh as you take yet another gulp of your alcohol. You needed it after yet another long day of hiding your feelings. You were in love with Octavia, but she didn't feel the same. You look up at the sky which looks a lot darker now than it did five minutes ago.

"I should probably head back" You mutter to yourself as yourself as you slowly stand from your previous place on the log. You stumble over as the alcohol all hits you. You grab at your head and slowly start to walk back to camp.

You jump slightly when you hear a noise in the distance. You try to focus on what was moving but your head just starts spinning as you become very dizzy. You can feel your body swaying before your legs eventually give out and your body falls to the ground.

"Y/N, what're you doing out here?"

Your heart stops at the sound of her voice. Your heart rate picks up as you open your eyes to see her staring down at you.

"Hi"

She giggles slightly before helping you stand up, catching you when you stumble over. "Are you drunk?"

"Just a little" You giggle softly as you lean against her to stop you from falling.

"C'mon, let's get you home"

Octavia helps you walk the whole way home, slightly laughing to herself at your drunken state. Once you reach the gates, you stop her and pull her away slightly. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion and you can't help but think about how cute she looks.

"Octavia...I...I"

"What is it, Y/N?"

"I'm so in love with you."

Her eyes widen as she stutters over her words, trying to find the right thing to say.

"Y/N, I'm sorry...But I don't feel the same way" Octavia whispers and you can feel your heart start to break.

You already knew that she didn't like you back but hearing her say it is a whole different story. You push yourself off the tree you were leaning on and stumble towards the gate, pushing her hand away when she tries to help you.

"I can take care of myself just fine"

Octavia's eyes widen and she slowly nods to herself as she watches you walk inside, away from her, knowing that she just lost a friend, but there is nothing she can do about it.

-

i'm such a sucker for romance & happy endings that i hate writing sad endings 😂 but have this ://