Early Education

“I’ve seen healthier looking corpses. You should head to bed.” Jumping in his seat as he was startled from the silence, Paul looked back to the doorway of the office, his chew stick having fallen from his mouth. Watching his heavier than normal husband stand up straighter from where he was leaning against the doorframe he scoots back his desk chair so he could pick up his dropped pen.

“I was just finishing up with grading the papers. I'll be done in a little bit just go to bed love. You and the baby need sleep.” Watching the frown spread across Patryck’s face, he watched stunned as his papers and the pen were neatly stacked up and put away.

“I will not let you run on coffee fumes for the third week in a row. You will sleep until you need to get up for work. I'll take some of your paperwork with me to do while I have time. Now you are coming to bed with me and you are doing to sleep. We're already going to be sleep deprived when our little girl comes, don't need you passing out at work.” Standing from his chair, he wrapped his arms around Pat’s waist. Rubbing gently where their child was resting within their mother, he kissed his partner on the cheek.

“We don't know for sure that it's a little girl yet. But if you want to believe the tales so much I'll leave you to it.”

“There's a high chance that the baby will be a little girl. Yeah old wives tales aren't accurate to a tee but how I've been carrying matches with us having a daughter.” As the duo spoke they made their way to their room and got ready for bed.

“Especially the moodiness factor.”

“Excuse me? What was that?” Shit. You just had to awaken the beast didn't you? Quickly crawling under the covers with his husband and clicking off the lamp he kissed the other's soft lips.

“I said I love you. Sleep well.” He knew that he was one lucky man and the both of them were falling asleep or he would have been chewed out for his comment. Holding his pregnant lover around the waist he drifted off to sleep for the first restful slumber in weeks.

~~~~~

“Missthus Vork can I have a bandaid?” Looking up at the little girl from his husband's paperwork, Patryck gave no mind to how he was addressed.

“Cassie what do you need the bandaid for? You know I don't give bandaids without reason.” Moving his chair back so the five year old could show him the cut, he found a little hand moved into his face. There was a cut down the bottom left side of her right palm maybe half an inch long. Going through one of the drawers in his desk before pulling out his first aid kit. Making sure to clean the cut he placed a bandaid on the small hand.

“Now how did you get that cut? Lead me to where you were playing.” Shakily standing from his seat he smoothed out his dress before taking the little girl’s hand. The students were playing inside because of the storm, the trees being whipped around by the wind and the rain making many puddles into a small ocean within the parking lot and grass areas. Being led to the kitchenette, he watched Cassie open the mini structure’s cabinet where he saw a screw tip. That makes more sense. Telling the children in the area to play something else for a bit, he moved over to his desk to grab a roll of tape and rip off a piece. The teacher he worked with liked to call his desk Mary Poppins’ desk, he had many things hidden in the drawers and most probably wouldn't have fit. Putting the tape over the exposed screw he made mental note to tell the building service about the splintered wood. Hearing the cracking of thunder from outside the noise was joined by screams from at least three students. The substitute teacher wasn't much help, he had excused himself to the teacher's lounge a bit ago. Feeling his womb jostling from under the cloth of his dress, he could tell that his unborn didn't like the noise. Calling to the eighteen five year olds under his care that recess was over he watched as they walked over to the carpet after grabbing their matts.