I look at him in complete bewilderment . Is he for real?! He doesn't even know me, I'm a complete stranger to him. Why would he do that for me? I could be a scam artist or something. Yet, he wants me to live here with him. I don't understand this person very well at all. "P'Kit did I just hear you right? I can't just stay here with you. I couldn't possibly help pay rent. And I don't know you that well."

"Oh I don't live here, well not really. My parents moved here actually very recently, and I'm back down for the weekend just to set up my room. But I came down to just to realize that my brother already destroyed the house, and it's only been a few days." He is shaking his head in frustration. "Since my room is done, you can just stay in there. You said you only have a few months left right? That means your graduating this year, you can stay here until you reach university. Don't worry about the rent."                                                           

I can't believe what he's saying. Not only does he want me to live here. He wants me to live in his room and for free. When he doesn't even live here himself! "Thank you P'Kit. I can't stay here though. I don't want to be a burden on your family. But I appreciate the offer." The next few minutes he tried to convince me that it was no big deal. Though it really just was!

"Where will you go then? Do you have any other family members? What about school?"

"No I don't have any other family members that I know of. I was on my way to my friend Ai'Ming's house last night when I had ran into those thugs."

His face goes into a daze, and it takes him a few seconds to respond. "This friend of yours, Ming? He let you walk to his house? He didn't have a car to pick you up? That was very dangerous Nong! To carry a wad of cash on you late at night." He was right of course, but I didn't want to pay money for a cab last night because I needed to save as much as I could to pay for university. And stupid Ai'Ming wasn't picking up his phone. PHONE! I almost forgot about it. Why didn't Ming answer me last night, did he lose his phone. I quickly take mine out of my pocket. It's completely dead. Shit, I need to charge it. "P' where's the nearest outlet?" He looks at me confused, then shows me the one next the stove. I run up the stairs and grab my charger. Then run back down to connect my adapter to the outlet. I wait a few minutes for it to come to life.

"You didn't answer my question N'Yo?"

"Oh, sorry P' I need to call my friend. I'm worried. He never contacted me last night. It's not like him at all. Even if he lost his phone he would have borrowed one or used his house phone to check in with me."

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

My phone is going off continually with notifications. One after another: all from Ming.

"Shia!! He's going to kill me. I thought I was going to die last night. But nope today will be my end."

Kit is looking at me worriedly. "What are you talking about? Who's going to kill you?"

My phone starts to ring with Ming's face on the screen. Ok, it's now or never. I slowly bring my phone up to my ear after I hit the answer button.

Yo: "Ai'Ming?"

Ming: "MOTHERFUCKER! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOUR ASS? YOU BETTER HAVE A HELLA OF AN EXPLENATION!"

I pull the phone away from my ear.

Yo: "Damn Ming, are you trying to make me go deaf."

Ming: "Even that wouldn't make up for the shit I had to go through for you."

Yo: "HA... HA. Ok I almost could have died last night you know. You were the one who wasn't answering your phone first. Where were YOU?"