The Punishment

"Dr. Arzoo, please report to Dr. Andrews, he would like to speak to you," the lady at the front desk said as I checked in. "How long has he been waiting?" I asked. "About 15 minutes." Shoot. I walk around the hospital and find Dr. Andrews sitting at his desk.

"Hello Arzoo, we need to talk," he said as he pointed to an empty chair. I sat down and wait nervously. "It seems as though some expensive equipment went missing. A scalpel, and a suction, and Dr. Melendez said that only you and Murphy were able to access the equipment. We both know that Murphy couldn't steal it. Just return the equipment and you'll be doing your regular work. But for now, you will either do scut work or doing the jobs nobody wants to do. We would fire you, but you are a REALLY good surgeon. Understood?" All this information hit me like a doge ball. I would never steal anything, especially if it affected my job.

He pointed at the door and I was about to leave when he spoke again. "Oh, your first assignment is to treat Robert Smith, a former criminal in need of a kidney transplant. You start at 10.  You are working with Dr. Melendez."

Dr. Andrews leaves and I glance at my watch and it is already 9:45. I walk casually to where he was sitting and talk to him. "So where's Charles?" I ask. "Hey Arzoo." I hold my head high and repeat the question. He points to the door and says," he's coming. He'll be here at 10."

I glance at my watch again and sigh, it was only 9:51. At 9:55, a man with a prison jump suit and a thiccck beard walked in. He looks at everyone with an angry look. I, Dr. Melendez, Shaun, and some other doctors lead him to his room.

I strap him into the bed and try to give him his sedatives, and when I am about finished with giving him his shot, he takes it from my hand and stabs my leg and pushes the shot down firmly. I whimper quietly but continue getting ready for the surgery.

The surgery was very complex, but we did it correctly and fairly quickly. I wash off and feel dizzy as I walk out of the room. The room starts to spin and everything goes black...

The Next Day

I wake up in a hospital room, many monitors connected to me. I see Dr. Melendez looking at me. "Hey Arzoo, he said sweetly. I wave my hand. He looked a little concerned. "What is it?" I ask. "For some reason, your heartbeats were very weak and couldn't supply enough blood and you passed out. You scared everyone," I looked down, quite embarrassed. I yawn and Dr. Melendez notices. "I'll leave you alone," he said as he came closer to you. He kisses me on the cheek and leaves. I smile and soon fall asleep.

The End!

Hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, read, and vote on this story.
Sorry I haven't really been posting, I've been busy. But today was good because I didn't have school (Happy Memorial Day y'all!) and I was able to work wrap up a project with my friends.