The Drop Pt. 2

I curse under my breath when I look at my mom, she looks disappointed. "You can stay for the night and I'll get you a prescription." the male doctor says as he leaves the room. I feel my eyes growing heavy and I soon fall asleep. I dream about not jumping from my window and just visiting my boyfriend the next day. I wake up crying, regretting everything I had done the previous night. I look sideways and see my mom sleeping, her chest slowly rising and falling. "mom?" I whisper, barely audible. She wakes up and remembers what had happened last night. 

"I can't believe that you tried to sneak out. Why did you do that?" she asked, pain straining her voice. "I just wanted to see my boyfriend," I whispered. "And you couldn't see him today?" she asked. "No, his family is putting his dog down. He knew how much I loved Roxy, so he told me I could come." Her face softened and she looked away. Doctor Murphy walked in and gave me the pain meds and food. I ate the mediocre food and ingested the pills. Doctor Murphy said that I could go home and my mom and i went to the car. 

I gasp and wheeze as I first use my crutches, it was so unusual. We don't talk the whole time and quickly go into the house and crash on the couch. I wake up just before I was going to take the pills and see a note on the table. I take the note and read it quickly. 

Avery

I am so sorry that you sprained your leg. I can't believe that you did that just so you could see Roxy one last time. I guess you do do crazy things when you're in love. I just want you to know that you're crazy, and I love that about you. 

I love you and so did Roxy, 

Jake <3

I see an object next to where the letter originally was. It was a necklace, full of ashes. On the little vile where the ashes were held, said JxA. I smiled and whispered, "I love you." 

The End!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment ideas and vote for my mediocre stories! I want to learn a language on Duolingo so please comment which one I should learn (^3