The Drop

I glance at my clock and smile, it was 2:38 am. I know my mom's asleep by now. I slowly creep out of my bed and quietly open my window. I look down and see the huge drop. Why did I choose the room on the second floor? I think as I slowly shimmy my way through the window. I've snuck out many times, but this was the first time at this house. My parents are divorced and now I live with my mom. I drop my backpack full of junk food. I take in a deep breath and jump, I couldn't wait to see my boyfriend. Bad decision; I felt an instant pain in my right leg and wince. I scream a special curse word. 

My mom runs outside with only her robe on. "Avery! What happened?!" She yelled as she looked at me and slowly at my backpack. Her face full of worry changed to a face of anger. "You were sneaking out?" she asked quietly. I only nod my head because my leg hurt. A tear rolled down my cheek when she helped me up. 

"Come on, we're going to the hospital," my mom said as she half dragged/half carried me to our car. We sat in silence as my mom kept glaring at me and drove like a grandma. "Can you drive a little faster?" I ask, quite annoyed. "It's may, and no, the speed limit is 35." I groan really loud and roll my eyes. "Well if you didn't jump out of your window, this wouldn't have happened!" I turn away and cry silently.

We pass by San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital and I sigh. Thank God! My mom parks into a close spot and helps me out of the car. I limp into the hospital and almost cry. My mom "signs me in" and a cute doctor (I know that's bad) takes me to a room. "I'm doctor Shaun Murphy, so what happened?" My mom and I glare at each other when I explain what happened. He just nods and writes down stuff on a clipboard. "Well, it doesn't seem that bad, just a slight sprain." My mouth is wide open, a slight sprain, that's it? I almost yell...

The End! For now... 

Sorry for not posting for a while, I've been busy! Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment short story ideas and vote on them!