The Television

I heard knocking on my door and I smiled slightly, I already knew who it was. 

"Hey Shaun," I said while opening the door. His face instantly lit up with a goofy smile. He points to the television and I nod. He runs in and fumbles with the remote to turn it on. Shaun has been my neighbor two doors down for as long as I can remember. I look at my table and see  anatomy books littered all over it. I sigh and tie back my thick, black hair. 

I start to study for a huge test I was going to have the next day, but I couldn't concentrate; Shaun made the volume way too loud. "Shaun!" I yelled. "What, Meg?" he asked without looking up from the television, but he lowered the volume. "I can't study, you made the volume way too loud." He lowered it to make it even quieter. 

After about a minute of studying, I grunt loudly. "What is it?" Shaun asked, innocently. "I have an anatomy test tomorrow, and I won't remember anything!" I sighed. Shaun turned off the television and walked over to my small table. I took off my rectangular glasses and rubbed my temples, I was getting a headache. "You answered this wrong," he said while picking up a workbook I had completed. "I know, Shaun." I was about ready to throw my papers in the air. 

Shaun took the workbook and scribbled out the wrong answers, which ironically, were all of them. He inserted the right answers and suddenly everything clicked. 

"I understand now! Thanks Shaun," I said while scribbling more answers. At about 11 o'clock, we finished correcting my wrong answers. I went to my fridge and got a Red Bull for the both of us. Shaun eyed it suspiciously. "You should be sleeping, not drinking that sugar drink," he said turning on the television. "Try some," I say while giving him the other can. He takes it warily and takes a small sip. His eyes expand and he smiles widely. I laugh and have some myself.

The Next Night

I heard knocking and I opened the door. I pretended to be upset when I opened it, it was Shaun. He didn't even look at the television. "So, how did it go?" he asked quietly. "I couldn't contain myself anymore, my mouth crept into a huge smile. "I feel very confident, it went really well, I think! Well, I'm Asian so I have to do good, it's in my blood," I said, practically jumping up and down like a child. Then, Shaun did the unexpected; he hugged me. He wrapped his arms around me loosely, and awkwardly and I did the same. When The embrace ended, we both smiled at each other and sat on the couch, watching a movie and drinking Red Bull. 

The End!

Thanks for reading! If there are any requests for ideas, comment that on the first page!