0.50|Eternity

Park Soohwa

"No-"

"Human contact." I finish off, looking up to the same cold smirk(?). Is it? This isn't a smirk but a warm smile. I nod, standing up from the same old hospital bed that I have woken up for these 16 years.

Nurse Choi sighs at me, ready to say something. I expect her to look at me with that same look that tells me: "You're a disgrace, I pity you."

Instead, she simply gives me a envelope that is filled with heavy contents and takes her leave. My hands immediately dig through, scanning each letter placed inside.

All of them seem to be fill in sheets, like a paper check-up until I read the last quad-folded note stuck at the deep back.

"Tomorrow you are going to school. Fill in these sheets as quickly as you can and ring the bell. Rules will be given out for you to read privately and your ride will come to the entrance every morning in 6AM.-"

I pause, taking a moment to compose myself. I'm going to be released. I-I... But when and why did they give me this much freedom and privacy? Why?

Let's continue reading then.

"Use the information you learned in these years in the hospital, Soohwa. Don't touch humans and definitely do not touch the boy named Jeon Jungkook. He has the same illness as you."

My eyes widened. There was somebody struggling just as much as me? There was a picture provided but it has to be old as he looks 11. I think i can identify this guy by his bunny teeth and wide doll like eyes.

The last trinket found in this envelope is a pen. This pen, however, made me collapse. Not due to allergic reactions or some injections for once.

Mother...

I was with my mother and my twin brother for only 16 minutes, and yes, I was sure a mistake. But even though I should have been seen as another mouth to feed to her, she really acted like a mother, a warm and gentle one. For those 16 minutes.

Park Soohwa reached for Mrs Park's hand, her soft tiny fingers tickling Park's flesh. Mrs Park grabbed Soohwa, the brightest smile next to another gummy one. Unlike most babies, Soohwa didn't cry.

Soohwa drank the milk, listened to the baby lullabies sang by her mother, and unlike most babies, remembered this moment for life.

But in those 16 minutes, I saw something horrible.

Warm tears fell down, for the babies and for the statement just said to Mrs Park. The father whom isn't Mr Park, told that he will not pay for the expenses as he claims that Mrs Park used this opportunity for his money.

Though Soohwa couldn't understand, she damn well can understand her mother and father's expressions. Her father left her mother to take care of two babies.

I was a very rare case. Unlike all babies, I almost died because of my mother's touch.

Soohwa's skin started to have rashes around her chubby arms, a burning sensation inflaming her whole body. The nurses rushed to take Soohwa away from Mrs Park, leaving her brother just to watch his other half carried away.

The rubber gloves helped the situation and hastened the experiment. Soohwa was barely clinging to her life when the experiment ended. She survived to know why this all happened. Soohwa-

-Is allergic to humans. I am... allergic to humans other than myself.

Why did I cry because of this pen? My father gave this and a notebook to me as a proposal for forgiveness. This was special since I had the chance to spill my feelings for him when I get the chance to.

Then he took it a day later, telling me to forget how he looks like and that I even had a father. Telling me he loves me one second then telling me to forget him a second later.

This infuriated me and made me hit him with my hands. My first encounter with my father.

Of course, I had an allergic reaction once I touched his face with the back of my hand.

Soohwa's chest raised and deflated each two seconds, her heavy breathing activated due to this reaction. The rashes engulfed her once again, her straight black hair sticking to the sweat on her pale face. Her dark eyes pierced into her biological father who is crying real tears. Out of guilt? Or shame? Pity?

I still don't know if I can or will hold this grudge on him but for now I should just follow his instructions.

Forget him and realize that I can never change. This allergy will be here. For eternity.