➸ BURDENED WITH GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Start from the beginning

I found myself laughing at what Father said as everyone stared at me as if I was mad, "Me? I would understand if it was Hela you would consider sending but me? A monstrous frost giant with the ability to throw daggers and create illusions? I did that and look where it got me."

I had never accepted my frost giant heritage but I had to point it out, everything looks like it is working in the opposite way. How could Father tell me that I will be able to help Thor? The Mighty God of Thunder himself! I was only known as his lesser brother, what could I possibly do that he could not?

"You underestimate yourself."  Father stated

"Last time I heard my birthright was to die." I snapped before staring coldly into his eyes, "Those kinds of words mostly takes a toll." 

The hall grew silent as my eyes found his only one. I was waiting for him to banish me for talking back to him like that but why should I care? I have had enough of following his every bark and command, if he will not let me speak then I would rather rot in Hel. Mother laid a hand on my shoulder, her eyes begging me to give the man I call father a chance to explain.

"I understand if you still despise me but hear me out, Loki." Odin retorted "Listen to your brother."

I sighed and finally gave in for the sake of Mother. I slowly closed my eyes and imagined wherein the Nine Realms Thor is currently in, is he even okay? I opened my eyes and to my surprise, I was not in Valhalla anymore, except I am in space watching some wrecked ship and there I saw him staring out the window.

"You promised." I heard his voice and suddenly I was inside the ship behind him. I have been studying the art of magic for hundreds of years and knew of its illusion and I know that this is real, just not entirely. "You told me the sun would shine on us again."

"But it did, didn't it?" I found myself saying but remembered that I was talking to nothing. He wouldn't hear me either way but the idea of trying to at least reassure him was quite enough, "I just wasn't alive to witness it. I guess I left that out, huh?"

"You were my little brother. I told you that have I not?" He continued on speaking, his desperation slowly coming out, "I promised that I would protect you the moment I saw you. I promised Father and Mother to do that until my last breath but what did I do? I failed you as I have always done."

Tears were on the verge of falling down my cheeks but being a trickster had its perks. It took all of my power to contain it just to be strong. Thor has already broken down, I cannot do the same thing.

"Come back to me brother and I promise you I will never fail you again." He pleaded as if he knew that I was there, that I was literally in front of him listening. "I just need you by my side once again.  You mean the world to me and that world just crumbled down with you in it. I love you so much Loki, I shall forever regret that I did not tell you that every day."

I was suddenly pulled back to reality with everyone in the hall staring at me. From the silence that emerged from them, it was safe to say that they heard me and Thor's conversation, well our one-sided conversation, 

"Your brother's love for you far exceeds those of the Nine Realms." Odin affirmed, "He will not be able to bring Thanos down without you."

I shook my head and scoffed, "And what should I do? Throw a dagger at him? Create an illusion whilst he has the power to see through reality? Watch as he slaughters my brother because I do not have the power to save him? Tell me!"

"Do what you do best." Father calmly replied despite my outburst, "Great magic flows in you, my son. Powerful and strong yet you suppressed it, now is the time to let go. This is your time to show them who you are, earn the redemption you deserve and stand by your brother."