Vampires Are The Rebellious Teenager Of The Family

Start from the beginning

Now. Do it now. Tell him.

"I-I-" my lip trembled and I looked at my feet, "I need some time."

Damnit!

Cassius kissed the top of my head, "I understand."

Do you?

-

Cassius had gone off to speak with his father and left me alone to think about everything that has happened in the past few days. I sat against the headboard, my knees curled to my chest. His shirt hung off my shoulders and a fresh pair of my boxers clung to my hips. I was so tired.

I needed to talk with Cassius. I wanted to tell him yes. I wanted to love him back. I wanted him to hold me. But this was all so much.

What's holding me back?

I frowned and buried my face in my knees. Everything is so fucked up. Maybe I just need to go see him.

-

I found myself pacing in front of the door, biting my nails.

Did I really want to go?

Yes, I-I had to, we can't just not talk about it.

But what am I going to say?

I'll know when I see him... hopefully.

I clenched my jaw and stopped, facing the door. Yes, I needed to go. I slid my hand around the cool metal knob and twisted it open. A gasp bubbled from my lips as I poked my head out and two guards were leaned against the walls on either side of the door. One looked very young, younger than me at least. He had floppy brown hair that looped around his face in round curls. The other seemed a bit older with streaks of grey staining his dusky blond hair.

"I- uh, need to see Cassius," I mumbled and looked at my feet, a little bit staggered by their sudden appearance.

"Oh sure, you want me to call him?" The older one asked he had a gruff kind of gentleness in his voice.

"Uh, no he's in his office right?" I responded awkwardly, a good portion of my body was still inside the room.

"Yeah, do you need me to show you the way?" the younger one interrupted, I looked up at him and shook my head.

"No, I've been there enough times," as soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, my cheeks burned with embarrassment. That sounded like I went there to regularly fuck.

"Sure, but don't tell him we let you go off on your own or he'll have our heads," the brunet joked, his sea green eyes shone with amusement. I gave a curt nod and stepped out, making my way down the hall. I felt suddenly conscious of my outfit, I was wearing Cassius' clothes and a robe. What did that say about me? My mouth twisted into a frown as I took a right and came upon the familiar door of his office.

My hand grasped the knob and twisted, slowly pushing the door open. I poked my head in and froze in shock. What is with the fucking jump scares today?

His office appeared remodeled. It was longer and more open with larger Windows. A long sleek table dwelled at the center and took up most of the room. Around it sat demons on each side, as soon as the door had peaked open they looked my way. I was mortified.

My panic stricken eyes found his cool silver ones where he sat at the head of the table.

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen," he announced and rose from his seat. I gulped and shut the door, pressed myself flat to the wall.