40. Good luck

"Run faster!". "If I run any faster I'm going to die, idiot". "What did you call me?!". "You heard me, bastard". You let out a long sigh and stood between Hidan and Kakuzu as they approached each other. "What are you guys so angry this morning? What happened between you two?". Hidan looks away with a blush while Kakuzu smirks. You let out an exhausted sigh and go over to sit beside Ino on the side line.

She looks just as sad as yesterday, she was on her phone playing a game. "Ino?", you call. She looks up at you, forcing a smile. "Hey". You sit by her side and glance to the other side of the field where Sakura and the rest of your friends were sitting. "Just don't think about it, okay. If Sakura can't see how amazing you are then she must be blind". She sends a soft smile to the ground. "Thanks (Y/n), but you don't have to worry about me". You sigh and sling your arm over her shoulder. "I hate seeing my friends sad so please cheer up, we're here to support the boys and resuscitated them if they die". She chuckles and rests her head on your shoulder. "I know, I'm sorry for bringing down the mood". You shake your head. "It's fine, just remember that I'm here if you need to talk, okay?". She nods and gets up, stretching. "I think I'll head to the bathroom room before the game starts. How much longer do we have?", she asks. You check the time on your phone and see that it is 2:36 pm. "Just under 25 minutes". She gives a quick nod and runs off.

Sitting alone on the sideline you hear someone else's footsteps and turn to see Kisame taking a seat beside you. He turns to you with a smile which makes your heart go crazy. "Are you ready to play?", you ask. He gives a determined nod. "Of course and win as well", he replies smugly. You playfully roll your eyes and look out the rest of the team as they jog around the pitch, passing to each other. "Why aren't you out there with them?", you ask. Kisame holds up his drink bottle. "I needed to refill my bottle and on the way back I thought to talk to you". You smile softly at him and stand up, offering your hand to him. He takes it allows you to help pull him to his feet. Once he's up he smiles down at you, still not letting go of your hand. You place your other hand on his forearm and pull him down to your level, leaving a soft kiss on his cheek. His blue cheeks turn an obvious pink. "W-what was that for?", he blurts out. You giggle nervously. "My dad always used to kiss me on the cheek before a game, he said it was for good luck so uh good luck". He gives a nod and sends you a soft smile as his thumb gently strokes the back of your hand.

"Oi you two!". Your head snaps to the side, seeing Pein looking slightly annoyed. Kisame's eyes widen before he quickly moves forward, surprising you. His lips met your cheek, giving it a soft kiss. Your face heats up as he lets go and begins running towards the pitch. He looked back at you as he ran, a large smile stretched across his face. You stood there in a daze, your eyes not leaving him for a second. You felt so frozen yet your heart was going crazy. Your eyes drifted to the ground as you heard the sound of the blue male calling out the names of his teammates as they ran around, passing to each other. Feeling strange you wandered over to the bench and placed your hand on your heart, taking deep breaths in and out. How could the simple gesture of a kiss on the cheek drive you so crazy? Even though it had been minutes since the incident you could still feel the crazy beating of your heart.

Looking around for a distraction you notice the girls walking over. Their smiles are bright and their eyes are full of life. Temari suddenly hugged you, letting Hinata, Sakura, and Tenten join. "I didn't think you had it in ya", the blonde chuckled, pulling away and petting your head. You smiled lightly at the group of girls, you kinda got it now. You had heard so many stories from the other girls about their crushes. The feeling Hinata got when she was noticed by Naruto, the feeling Temari got when Shikamaru fell asleep on her shoulder, the feeling Tenten got when Neji told her that he liked her. This was the first time you had ever felt something like this and you were lucky that the one to give you the butterflies in your stomach was Kisame. Maybe all of those good luck kisses from dad paid off...

And next, it shall be the game. I hope you've all been enjoying the story so far, I've honestly been loving writing it. Woohoo, let's go! Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD