Chapter- 33

Shreya POV

Roshni bhabhi and I had just finished having dinner and mom and dad were in their room. Just then bua dadi came out of her room and gave us an evil eye and went to the refrigerator to have water. Bhabhi and I looked at each other.

" Honestly Shreya, I am not sleepy at all after today's drama." Roshni bhabhi muttered to me.

Unfortunately Bua dadi heard it.

" How will you get tired? All you do is to go out and enjoy and come home late. At our time, we used to wake up at 4 in the morning, work all day long in cooking, cleaning and taking care of children. You both go out and come home and take rest without doing any house work, while your husbands work all day and even nights to keep you content." Bua dadi said.

Now my anger had reached to the peak and I was about to answer her but Roshni bhabhi held my hand. I somehow controlled myself again.

" Bua dadi, it's late. You please go to your room and take rest. I will go ad put Aditya to bed and you Shreya, go and call Kabir." Bhabhi said handling the situation wisely.

Bua dadi went to her room while Bhabhi and I took the staircase to our rooms. 

" Thank god bhabhi, you handled the situation or else I don't know what would have I said to her and perhaps regret it later." I thanked bhabhi.

" Shreya, I have put Adi to bed. Let's go to my room and sit. As it is our husbands will take their sweet time.

" Haan bhabhi, let's go." I agreed.

We were sitting in her room and chatting.

" Seriously bhabhi, how dare she question our career. Not even mom and dad do that." I said while the anger inside me rose again.

" I know right? I wanted to talk back to her but I refrained myself too. Afterall she is elder to us." Bhabhi said.

" I know bhabhi. Plus a lot of drama had already unfolded today. Thanks you stopped me. I totally forgot that mom and dad were sleeping in their room." I said.

" Why was the angry old lady shouting at both of you mumma and chachi?" Adi asked entering the room.

" Beta? I thought that you slept." Roshni bhabhi said.

" I got up and could not put myself back to sleep." Adi said pouting.

" Aww..... my baby. Come here." Bhabhi said. I eyed them lovingly.

" Beta you should not speak like this. She is elder to you." Bhabhi tolD Adi.

" Yes she is elder but she cannot scold you both because you both aren't kids either. Though chachi behaves like one." Adi added.

" Smart boy Adi. You know bhabhi, he is absolutely right. She cannot keep on scolding us like this and we should not just listen and not react either." I said.

Bhabhi nodded.

Aditya was fast asleep within the next 15 minutes. We continued to talk slowly and the doorbell rang.

" It must be Siddharth and Kabir. I will open the door." Bhabhi said.

She was right. It was them.

It was very late so we all retired to our respective rooms.

" Shreya, you are looking a little down. What is the matter?" Kabir asked.

" Nothing Kabir. I am just too tired." I said but I knew he did not believe me. Thankfully he did not investigate further.