Chapter-2

Shreya POV

I woke up the next morning. I had a very strange feeling of something will happen today. I went downstairs saw my family talking to some other family. I went in the living room and all eyes were on me. I felt a little awkward with all the unwanted attention I was receiving. Just then my mom introduced me to them.

"She is my youngest, Shreya" Mumma said. All of them greeted me and I greeted them back. My mom was signing something to me with her eyes and I was failing to understand what she was saying. Irritated, I shouted "What mumma?" 

Then again I felt all eyes on me and I realised that I snapped at my mumma in front of everyone. Embarrassed, I walked out of house to go to office. I first had to pick up Anika. I shouted a 'Bye' to no one in particular and went towards my car. I started driving off to Anika's humming. 

We reached the office. I was reporting live today from the studio. I was covering the Gujarat elections with my editor in chief exclusively. 

When I had my break, I was informed that someone has come to meet me, so I went out to the waiting room. There is saw my darling family along with the same family I met in the morning. I figured out that they were the Rathore's. 

"What, by the name of angel are all of you doing in my studio. I am to resume my shoot in less that 10 minutes. I can't talk to you right now." I said.

"Shreya stop speaking like a child. We all are here to talk to you about your marriage with Kabir" Mom said.

"Pardon me.. WHAT? Marriage? What marriage are you talking about?" I shouted. 

Shreya, you are being called. You start in exactly 1.5 minutes. Hurry up!" shouted Rahul, my colleague.

Without thinking I started running out of my room and like a klutz I am, was about to fall down when a strong pair of arms caught me. He helped me stand properly.

"Aree you all right?" He asked.

" Yes" I replied promptly.

"I'm Kabir." He said extending an arm towards me.

"And I'm late" I shouted and ran to the pr. I heard some chuckles.

"So this is Shreya Kashyap signing off on behalf you ABC Channel. Goodnight. Stay safe. Bye." I concluded. This was one heck of a day. Now we are finally free at 10 pm.  During election times, our schedule is more hectic that the Prime Minister of India itself. But this is what we reporters love. Staying on the edge. Its gives us the energy to get going. We are driven by reporting. 

Suddenly, a very horrid thought crossed my mind. Was mom serious about my marriage or she was playing a damn prank on me? I definitely don't want to marry right now.

As promised we all friends had a sleepover at Anika's house. 

"Guys let's get the party started!" Shouted Rahul. We all started dancing like maniacs and till 1 we had a wild party night. Then all of us were tired so much that we crashed on the sofas only. 

Next morning I found Anika's legs on my lap and my head was on Tanya's shoulder while my legs were on Mayank's lap. We all got up and started heading towards our houses. It was Sunday today and luckily had an of.

I reached home and rang the door  bell. A very irritated Riya Bhabhi opened the door.
"What happened Bhabhi? Why are you so pissed off? Did bhai do something??" I asked.

"Shreya Kashyap! Where the hell were you all night? We were worried af. Virat, Rohit, Kabir and Siddharth are still out looking for you. Why didn't you inform us that you will not come home tonight? Are you all right?" Bhabhi shouted angrily.

Listening to this commotion, mom, Mrs Rathore and the kids came out and saw me. By this time all of the males were back too.

Mom came towards me and I never saw it coming buy she SLAPPED me. HARD. I was shocked. I opened my mouth to speak but she immediately hugged me.

"Are you alright?? We all were so worried. Where were you all night?" Mom shouted.
I looked sheepishly and told her about my sleepover at Anika's house. She was furious. Period.
Here I am sitting in my room as punishment.

Though Virat and Rohit bhai tried to sneek in my bedroom, mom caught me. She was so furious and she grounded them too and I was laughing at them. Hard. They glared at me and left.
My phone was taken too and I had nothing to do. I was bored. So I tried to sneek out of the window. But see my bad luck, my parents and all the Rathore's were siting in the lawn.
" Where do you think you are going young lady?" My dad asked.

"Umm...no.no..wh.."I stuttered. My cell started ringing which was with mumma. She eyed me suspiciously and put the phone on speaker. 

"Hello" I said.

"Abe hello chod yeh bata ki aage ka plan kya hai? Hume accha se pata hai ki hamari moms hemien bahar nhi aane dengi." She barked.

In the heat of the moment i forgot that where I was and who all were with me and I uttered, " Sun mere paas PLAN hai. Tu bas aaj raat mere terrace par aa jana aur phir hum sochenge aage kya karna hai, main peeche ka darwaza khula rakhungi."

My mom shouted, "See her, not even 0.01% shame is left in this girl. We all her listening to her and she is shamelessly planning to de-ground herself."

Then I suddenly realised that I was standing in the middle of my lawn with people surrounding me. Mom looked mad. Period. And I as usual ran for my life to my room. I was embarrassed. HELL Embarrassed.

Guys today is a double update and I will not be updating any further if I don't gets comments. Guys I love interacting and it is very important for an upcoming writer to have some feedback about their work. Fair enough?