The Fear

It started as a small fear, only something that would just make her jump a little and then ignore it until someone took care of it for her, but gradually as the years went on it worsened.

Jay heard the scream from down the hall, knowing exactly whose it was, it was his Evie's . He ran down the hall and opened the door only to see Evie standing on the far corner of the table looking terrified. His initial thought was that she heard a noise that spooked her, but then he saw her soft brown eyes looking on her bed and her body shaking from being so terrified.

He chuckled to himself and said, "really Eves." He offered her his hand but she shook her head terrified and said, "just freaking kill the thing and shut up before I sacrifice you to it."

Jay shook his head and smacked the spider dead with a book. He said, "you happy now?" Evie nodded and smiled at her heroic boyfriend.

Jay picked the spider up with a Kleenex and brought it to her. He pretended to throw it at her only to make her scream and fall off the table.

Jay looked at her concerned for a moment but then smiled when he saw her giving him her adorable glaring pouty look. He threw the spider away and picked her up throwing her over his shoulder then onto her bed. Evie giggled and said, "you owe me now."

"What?!" Jay said acting shocked, "I owe you? I just killed the ferocious beast that was about to attack you."

Evie pouted and said, "But you knocked me off the table I could of died." She thought for a second and said, "I could of killed it anyway."

"Yeah right Eves that's the last thing you could of done. And besides I'm your Knight it my job to protect you from everything." He chuckled and said, "and you know if you would of gotten hurt I'd do anything for you."

Evie suddenly frowned and said, "ow my leg" she held it "and my head." She put her hand on it.

Jay laughed and said, "what do you want, princess?"

Evie said, "ice cream" she smiled. "Two scoops blueberry bowl," they both said at the same time. Jay smiled said, "alight let's go" he kissed her head. Evie giggled and jumped onto his back and kissed the top of his head. She whispered, "I love you"

Jay said, "I love you too, princess." Then he dashed out the door.