A.N. + story 1

A.N. Hey guys ! Sorry I took a while to update, I was going to update yesterday, but then I got a horrible headache and yeah. So I'll try my best to update each story at least once a week it just depends how my day goes. I'll update my other story tommorow or Wednesday.

So on with the one shot. This was suggested by datonefangirl04. Thank you for your suggestion!

" Today is going to be great day" Evie thought. Today she had lunch date with Doug and then later on she was going to have a movie night with Jay, Mal, and Carlos.

Right now, however it is only 9:45, which disappointed Evie, but it also excited her because it gave her a lot of time to get ready.

So then she decided to find an outfit and figure out what she was going to do for her makeup. After Evie decided on an outfit, Which was a Lacey dark blue, slightly higher than her knee, dress. And for her makeup she decided on the exact way she used the day of the boys' first tourney game.(and yes there is difference from that day and the day before.)

By the time Evie finished her makeup it was almost noon. "Perfect" Evie thought as she got up from her chair and decided she just go get there early.

When Evie got to garden, she was surprised that she didn't see anything. This didn't phase her though, she just decided to wait on a bench.

After what felt like a hour of waiting ( though it was only 20 minutes.) Evie began to worry. So she decided to go and try to find Doug. Evie looked all around the school, in his dorm, and even texted him, but still no response." Maybe he was just late" Evie thought doughtfully. She decided to go back to the garden area. Still no Doug?! By this point Evie decided to call him, but before she pushed the call button she noticed a piece of paper on the ground with her name addressed on it. She curiously picked it up and read it. The note said.

Dear Evie,

I can't be with you anymore. There is multiple reasons for this,like.

1. You're not smart enough

2. I feel like things are too complicated

3. I don't "love"/ like you anymore

4. I have fallen in love with someone else

5. I don't feel right about us

Goodbye,

Doug

Evie couldn't believe this why? How? What did she do wrong? A single tear slid down Evie's cheek. She should have known! She scolded herself, how could she be so stupid? She's just to dumb to realize no one could love the daughter of the evil queen.

With that Evie ran to her room, slammed the door shut, and flew on her bed. She cried onto her pillow wors popped into her mind like 'stupid' 'worthless' 'ugly' ' never good enough'. The words kept flowing through her head. She was worked up in her crying she didn't hear the door open and shut carefully.

" Eves" a gentle voice said " what's wrong?"

Evie crying stopped for a second, she turned around slowly so that her face would see the voice. It was Jay, one of the very few people she trusted. Which was weird considering he was a former thief.

"E" jay said please tell me. Another tear slid down her cheek. " eves please tell me I- I can't bear to see like this.

" what" ? Evie thought since when did anybody care for her?

Evie sighed heavily as many more tears slid down her cheeks " D-ddoug" Evie started " he" Evie's bottom lip quivered " he broke up with me" she managed to spill out just before she burst into more tears and flung herself towards Jay.

Jay held Evie close to him and spoke gentle and careful words.

As Evie's tears quietened she said " how could I be so stupid? I should have known no one likes me, I mean how could they I'm so worthless and....

" Hey" Jay cut her off " you are not stupid or worthless you are amazing. You are so important to Mal, Carlos, and me. You are so beautiful and totally smart. I don't know what I would do without someone as special, cool, amazing, incredibly smart, and so talented as you. You are just so amazing" Jay finished

" how do i know all that is true? Why should I believe you? " Evie asked on the verge of more tears.

Jay sighed it's now or never " I know it's true because I love you Evie, you mean so much to me, every part of you. I know you are so smart you get an A on every single test. And I know everything I said about you is true because I see it. everyday and I just can't get enough of it, I love you, Evie and I mean it.

" really?" Evie asked

" 100% sure" Jay said

Evie took a deep breath and said " I love you too, jay. Without you I don't know where I would be. you are always there for me." Evie confessed

Jay couldn't handle it any more at this point he grabbed Evie by the waist and pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss, it felt so right, so perfect. Jay put his hand on Evie's cheek as she had her hands on his chest.

After they pulled apart Jay placed his forehead against Evie's " I love you" he said

Evie smiled Jay was so happy to see that beautiful smile ,again. " i love you too" she said as she leaned in for another kiss.

____________

It was know 7:30 Jay and Evie were supposed to be in Jay's room, but they weren't they lay cuddled up together under Evie's blankets sound asleep. It might be earlier, but they both had a long day.( jay had away tourney game)

Mal and Carlos walked into the room wondering what on earth had happened to them. Mal smiled as she looked in. " what is it Mal? " Carlos asked

" shh" Mal whispers she pointed to Evie and Jay. He smiled too and gave a glance at Mal they both knew that both of them had liked eachother.

They carefully left the room and shut the door behind them. " looks like we're having movie night by ourselves" Carlos joked. Mal rolled her eyes and punched his arm lightly, they both knew that they were made for eachother.