Chapter 24: New experiences

Hello my lovelies, I'm so sorry but I had to create another Instagram account because my first account was blocked, I don't know why and how😑. So my new account is nami_sowdagar12. Now let's get back to the story.

"Here taste this one," Yo stuffed another snack into Pha's mouth and watched his reaction closely in anticipation. Pha chewed slowly and grimaced, "they are all the same, full of salt and fake flavours. I prefer real food love."

Yo slumped his shoulders and gave up trying to get Pha back into a good mood. The music was loud, the people around even louder and on top of that Ming and Josh were constantly trying to get his attention. All these were making Pha's mood turn darker and darker as they approached the beach. Yo sighed heavily and looked back at Ming who was flirting with all the women around and Josh was the same too. Forth was sitting like a statue, no one dared to disturb or talk to him. In fact he was worst than Pha, at least Pha was responding when Yo was talking to him.

The little boy was not disheartened, he took out his phone and nudged Pha gently.

"Let's take a selfie P'Pha. I want to post your moody face on Instagram."

Pha instinctively leaned closer to him and Yo quickly took several pictures of him smiling and making faces at an unemotional Pha. He scrolled through the pictures and smiled feeling satisfied. Glancing at Pha from the corner of his eyes he saw him glaring at anyone who dared to laugh or talk too loudly. The happy atmosphere inside the bus was slowly receding as more and more staffs started noticing Pha's dark stare. They were afraid of offending him further since he was the boss and Yo was sure that they must be resenting him for joining them in the bus. Afterall who needed a joy killer among them?

Yo lifted his hand and caressed the side of his face softly, Pha turned to him in surprise and Yo smiled cutely.

"I know you are hating it but at least try a little more, for my sake. Once you will accept it, you will find that their talks and laughter isn't annoying. In fact it's refreshing from the stress of everyday work. They are all unwinding and you should too. So promise me to try and appreciate this outing with us, I know it's a far cry from your daily life but you need a break badly."

Pha stared at him from underneath his eyelashes then scooped him closer, "I know baby. It's just that I never had a break before. My dad always used to tell us that outings were a waste of time and it stuck on my mind somehow. Even now I can't stop thinking about what work I would have been doing at the office right now and how much I would have completed already."

Yo's face soften in comprehension, he knew that it was not possible of him to expect Pha to change completely out of the blue. It would take time to break his workaholic habits and to get him to breathe properly. Pha has been moulded into a working machine since he was a child and in this process he lost his touch to the outside world. Yo glanced at Forth and noticed that he was still sitting very stiffly and looked uncomfortable in his surroundings. So the brothers were the same, all of this was alien to them.

He let his head rest on Pha's chest and promised himself that he would try his best to make them enjoy this holiday to the maximum no matter what. Finally after a gruelling two hours they finally arrived and Pha breathed a sigh of relief. He stood up stretching his sore body and turned to Yo who was stuffing all of his snacks hastily into his bag. Josh turned over and winked at him as Ming started demanding his attention. Pha groaned and reached out a hand for Yo.

His baby looked at him curiously but Pha just signalled for him to get up as he took his bag. Tugging him along, he bypassed all of his staffs and got out from the bus first.

"P'Pha....where are you taking me?"

Pha grunted, "away from these attention seekers. They kept talking and smiling at you. I didn't like it at all."