Chapter 18: Step into war

"No, no, no... say it's not true Pha. We just came here after making plans with Samantha, we are taking her to New York to buy her wedding dress in a week's time." Pha's mother exclaimed as his father stood perfectly still glaring at them.

"Who told you to make plans with Samantha?" Pha retorted as he reached out a hand to Yo who looked closed to tears.

"It's ok love, come here." He pulled Yo towards him and made him sit down beside him. Yo was still not daring to look at his future-in-laws, he was afraid that they might disapproved and forced Pha to stay away from him.

"Phana,"his mother implored as she approached him. Pha shook his head silently, no matter what he wasn't letting go of Yo.

Mr Kongthanin looked close to bursting a vein when he saw how Pha was holding Yo possessively. He looked at them for a few seconds before his expression changed, a calculating look entered his eyes and he smiled sarcastically.

"Let them be,"he signalled his wife to come to him, "let him enjoy his single life for now and if he wants to experiment with boys then it is ok. At least he got good choice."

He looked at Yo, "you are a good boy so I assumed none of this will get to the media right? Because along with mine reputation, your father's reputation also will be damage."

Yo swallowed nervously and shook his head, "we didn't announced anything.."

"And you shouldn't announce it ever because this is only temporary. No matter what you want, in the outside world, we will always have to follow the rules of the society and this is to marry and have kids. You should portray the perfect in order to prevent the public to tarnish us."

Yo looked at Pha fearfully, what he was afraid of was really happening, he was about to lose Pha because Pha has been taught since childhood that he must do everything possible to get accepted by the society and to show a good image.

But Pha wasn't moved, he frowned at his father, "you're mistaken dad. This is not temporary, I love Yo and I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

His father snorted, "don't be absurd Pha, I understand that you're taken in the heat of the moment but think about it, will be happy with everyone judging you for the rest of your life? You won't be able to have children and you know what that means right? No heirs to pass your legacy too and I won't take such risk with you."

"But there are so many ways to have a child nowadays and my parents know that I am gay but they have never judged me or threaten me with this legacy bullshit!" Yo said defiantly.

Mrs Kongthanin looked at him in shock while Mr Kongthanin had a blank look on his face as he processed the way that kid has just spoken to him. Pha smiled briefly at the shocked looks on his parents face, no one has dared to contradict them and certainly not to his father.

"You're quite a fiery kitten aren't you," Pha murmured affectionately as he tugged Yo closer to him and kiss his nape. Yo blushed and pushed him away, "we are in front of your parents."

"Pha!" His father shouted as his mother looked at his son in a different light, she glanced between the two of them in wonder, "do you really love him son?"

Pha nodded, "I do mum."

"Let's see how your love will go if your position in my company is at stake." Mr Kongthanin stated harshly and Pha showed the first sign of uncertainty.  For a workaholic like him, being threaten with his job was the worst fear ever but then he remembered how he felt when he lost Yo, he went through hell itself therefore there was no question of him leaving his cute boy. 

He quickly erased any expression on his face and looked at his father square on, "you won't dare, I am the best and you know it. Fire me and see if you will find someone else who can replace me and don't forget that it was me who dished you out of the financial debt that you had accumulated in the past few years. If I leave, you will make the same mistake and end up again up to your head in debt so think wisely before you threaten me again father."