|16| Because I Know Us

Start from the beginning

"You need closure from everything that has happened and if being away from him and the girls is what it takes then so be it."

"But I don't want to be."

"I know but, they need their mother at full strength and well rested. You haven't had a break Talia. Take time to focus on yourself. Once you do that you'll be able to have a better relationship with him as well as your twins. You have to look at the bright side. He only wants the best for you."

"I guess so." I quietly replied while stretching out my legs. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and it was an incoming call. It was Steph. It's now been a week since I last saw him and this would be the first time I had talked to him besides him telling me that they got there safely. Truth be told I had no idea what to say. It's not the fact that I didn't want to talk to him. I just knew if I heard his voice it would probably make me more upset than I already was. 

"Are you going to answer?" Ashton asked while I contemplated. I let it ring too more times before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hey princess. You doing okay?" He couldn't see me, but my eyes were starting to water.

"I'm fine." I muttered while moving to the kitchen so Ashton and Sydel wouldn't hear.

"You don't sound like it and I know you're not telling me the truth. I don't have to see your face to know it either."

"I am since you sent Sydel to babysit me." I said with slight attitude. I love Sydel, but I was highly annoyed at him for that.

"Talia, I just didn't want you to be by yourself."

"The twins told you, didn't they?"

"Told me what?" Oh, so now he wanted to play dumb?

"You know what, never mind." I responded while dropping the subject. I knew deep down in my heart that they told him, but I think he is waiting for me to tell him first before he says anything about it. 

"Baby, the last thing I called you for was to argue. I just want to check on you and tell you I love you." How can I be mad with him after hearing him say that? That's when I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face anymore.

"I love you too." I responded and my voice gave it away that I was crying because of it cracking.

"When are you going to talk to someone?" Steph asked as I started to play with my necklace that he had given me.

"Tomorrow at 10 in the morning. I'm nervous."

"There's no reason to be nervous, baby. Everything is going to work out the way we want it to."

"How do you know that?" I asked while wiping away tears.

"Because I know us. This is only a bump in the road, nothing permanent."

"I just don't want you to think I'm a bad mother." I quietly confessed. Which was the truth. The thing about me is that I usually don't care what people have to say about me, but when it came to being a mother I always take offense. I go above and beyond for my girls. 

"I could never think of you like that. You have been through so much and have sacrificed everything for them. You had to do things for the three of you to be able to survive."

"I promise to stop blaming you and making you feel bad about it. It wasn't your fault that you didn't know."

"I appreciate that. But, you can't think you would get away from me that easy. We promised each other forever and I plan on keeping that promise." That's when I started crying harder. No way in the world did I deserve him.

"Come on baby T stop crying. We've been through worse right?"

"Yes, much worse."

"I just don't want you to keep all of that inside of you. Because sooner or later you were going to snap."

"Yes, I know."

"Just try to relax and take time for yourself, okay? The girls are fine."

"Okay. Love you, tell them I love them too."

"Love you too and I will."

After we had hung up, I went back into the living room to sit with Ashton and Sydel. They both looked at me as I sat down in between both of them.

"Well? How'd it go?" Ashton was the first to speak up.

"Fine. Him and the girls are okay." I wiped away my tears as Sydel handed me a tissue.

"You guys can go, I'm alright." I confessed and they both looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"No, there is no way in the world I am leaving you like this. Besides, Steph would kill me." I had to laugh at that one, because she was probably right.

"I really appreciate both of you." I honestly stated before they brought me into a hug.

"We appreciate you too. That's why we're so hard on you, we only want the best for you."

Despite everything that had gone on and what I had been through, I truly appreciated both of them. Maybe this was a good thing; me being away from them to work on myself for a little while. He did promise me that no matter what he wasn't letting anything get between us. Just like he said, we've been through worse, right?

Hello loves! I'm studying for my boards so that's why I've been MIA. But, I hope you all liked this. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Leave me love. Until next time. ❤