Chapter Five

John Pov
       "He's not going to show up." Angie grumbled.

"Yes he will!" Martha shouted.

"We can't stay here waiting for a man who's dead." Angie said, taking my sisters hand.

"HES NOT DEAD!" She screeched.

"I know you want to believe that but what's the probability of that hun?" Angie asked.

My sister sobbed and cried, "He gave me his hat! He didn't even get to die with his hat!"

"...is that him?" Eliza asked, pointing at a walker who looked suspiciously like Alex.

"Oh my god." I choked, covering my mouth.

Then something ran behind the walker and the walker was down. It was a boy. When he looked up -

"ALEX!" Martha screamed running towards him.

"Hey guys!" He said smiling.

He was covered in blood. "Wheres the kid?" He asked, walking towards us, my sister attached to his leg.

"...when we were runnin' ...they got him." Peggy said softly.

Alex's eyebrows furrowed. "Did you shoot him after he turned or did they...obliterate him?" He asked quietly.

"They ripped him to shreds." Washington said.

Tears formed in Alex's eyes. "Oh dear god." He whispered.

"There is no god." Angie growled.

Alex's face hardened. "Shut the fuck up." He growled.

My sister let go of him. "Alex! That's a naughty word!" She exclaimed.

His jaw clenched and he adjusted his bag. "Aww! Does Lexi still believe in heaven? It's not real asshole." Angie hissed, walking up to Alex.

"I said, to shut the fuck up already."

"Why?!" Angie yelled, pushing Alex. "Are you going to kill me? Because that's a sin! But oh wait! You've already killed three people!" Angie shouted in his face.

"Don't." Is all he said.

Then he walked ahead, pulling his hood up and head down.

"Nice one Angie." Martha said, chasing after Alex.

"I agree with Martha on this one. You took that too far. You don't know what he believes in. You took that way too far." Washington said, following Martha.
Eliza and Peggy also went.

I looked at her and just shook my head, following them.

Martha gave him his hat and he smiled at her. Alex took off his hood and put on his hat. He really likes my sister.

She was always scared before we met him. She ran ahead of him laughing. I went over to Alex.

"Thanks." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"You're the only one my sister feels safe around. When we were going to leave you behind she broke down and sobbed. She probably wouldn't do that for me." I said.

"It's not that big of a deal. I try to be as nice as possible considering the circumstances." He told me.

I am older than him yet it feels like he knows so much more than me. But not in like a know it all kind of way...more like I'm just a good person kind of way. I really like him.
I mean I also really like Eliza and Peggy and everyone but with him?
I like him in some different way I think.

"So...I'm sorry about Angie. She's a good person but it takes time, you know?" I explained.

"Yeah, I get it. She just hit the one thing I believe in and that stung." He muttered.

"I can imagine." I said.

"So!" He said, brightening up. "Before the world ended, What'd you do? Like majors and stuff?"

"Oh! I was going to be a marine biologist. There's so much of the ocean people don't know about. For example there's more of the ocean that hasn't been discovered then space! How cool is that?" I said.

He laughed, "Yeah! That's pretty cool!"

"What about you?"

"I was doing a double major for poetry and law and was going to graduate this year but uh...yeah that didn't exactly work out. Since the world decided to make the dead walk." He muttered that last part but I still caught it.

"You said you were eighteen, how are you graduating this year?" I asked.

"It was super hard but with enough work, things go you're way once in a while." He said.

"Wait. You skipped like three grades?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. You could say that." He said, smiling.

"Alex! Come over here!" Martha called.

"Heh. I gotta go." He clicked his tongue and pointed finger guns at me.

He whirled around and went over to my sister.

"Do you still like the murderer?" Angie asked.

"He's not a bad person, Angie." I growled.

"John! He murdered three people!" Angie exclaimed.

"So? He's a much better person than you'll ever be. And he didn't do it by choice." I hissed.

"When he murders your sister you'll see." Angie growled.

"He won't."
"How can you be so sure?"
"I just fucking know Angelica."

I never use her full name.

She noted that and huffed in frustration but continued to walk by me in silence.
Alexander Laurens.
How bout that?