Chapter One

John Pov
       "Oh my god! We're screwed!" Peggy shouted, pacing.

We were stuck in a CVS pharmacy with a hoard on the outside. Our group was done. I agreed with her but I didn't want to say anything because my little sister, Martha, was there.

"Guys. If we use the backdoor than maybe-" Washington started.

"We already have checked zhe back door. It'z zurrounded." Laf said, walking into the area with Herc by his side.

"Fuck!" Eliza exclaimed.

I looked out the large glass windows.

"Hey guys..." I trailed off.

"Yeah?" Angie asked.

"Look." I said, pointing out the window.

"Wow John. So exciting. Another walker."

"No. On top of the building." I said.

There was a boy jumping up and down trying to get our attention. He pulled out a gun and started shooting in the air.

"What the fuck is he doing?! He's attracting more walkers!" Angie exclaimed.

"Yeah. He's attracting them to him! He's giving us a distraction!" I exclaimed, grabbing Angie's shoulders.

"Holy fuck. Johns right!" Peggy said.

"When am I not?" I asked, sassily.

"A lot of times." Martha, my sister said.

I scoffed and watched as the walkers that were bashing on the doors of the pharmacy, were going to the roof.

The boy gave us a thumbs up and then hopped into a chimney in the roof. We heard some more gun shots.
And then a shout.
The boy burst out the front of the building and frantically closed the door. He grabbed a stick and locked the door. He fell to his knees panting.

The boy wiped the sweat off of his head and jogged over to our building and walked in, triggering the bell to ring in the store. He was still breathing heavily.

"Thank you so much, Son. What's your name?" Washington asked, approaching the boy.

"My...name is Alexander...you're welcome." He said, with a smile, despite the fact that he looked like he was going to pass out.

Angie went up to him and grabbed his collar, forcing him to stand straight. "I don't know who you think you are but I do know that this has to be some sort of trick. Where's your base?" She asked.

Alexander looked confused. "Base?"

"Group. Where is your group?" She corrected.

"I don't have one. Not after what happened a few months ago."

"What happened a few months ago?" Herc asked.

"A lot of bad stuff went down. My group started eating each other. And suicide became a common thing. Yes, I said eating. They became cannibals due to the lack of food. It was horrifying. I watched them- I...I don't want to talk about it." He muttered.

"Holy crap man. How old are you?" Peggy asked.

"Eighteen. Gonna be nineteen in a few days." He said happily, quickly recovering from his previous story.

"Cool, wanna be part of our group?" Martha asked.

"Wait! How many walkers have you killed?" Washington asked.

"So many I can't count." He muttered.

"How many people have you killed?"

Tears formed in Alexander's eyes.

"Three." He whispered.

"Why?" Washington asked.

"I-I had no choice. I had to." He whispered.

Washington nodded and said,
"Alright Son.
You're in."