Chapter Sixteen

Alexander Pov
       I woke up on a small couch. My eyes immediately widened I started to cry out in pain. Then I was gagged and given a shot in my left shoulder. The gag was taken off but I panted heavily.

"W-what's happening?" I asked.

Angie came into view. "Alex, try to stay as calm as possible when I tell you this okay?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You're missing your left arm." She said quickly.

My breathing got faster. I glanced at my arm. My eye twitched.

"I-I....can I talk to Aaron?" I asked.

"Who?" She asked.

"Aaron...my mate...We were living together before I lost my arm...Wait. I f-forgot...how'd I lose my arm?" I asked.

"You saved Martha's life." John told me.

"You saved her Alex."

I saved her.

"We also got you your pills." Martha said.

Oh. They know about that.

"I need to find Aaron. Because if I don't come back and I leave him to die and he finds me he'll cut my dick off." I told them.

Angie snorted.

"You May think I'm exaggerating but he's told me." I muttered. "And I want to keep my dick." I said.

Martha giggled and I smiled.

"Where's this Aaron?"

"Erm...you know that paper company building by 7th street? He's on the first floor." I told them.

"Alright. I'll go." Washington said.

"I can come with you." I said, pushing myself up.

"No! Don't! You're hurt enough, I don't want you to go out there and die." John exclaimed, pushing my chest down.

"Let me go talk to him, it'll be fine. I won't get hurt." I said, trying my best to reassure him.

"Alex please, I don't want you to...to die." John whispered.

"I'll be fine. Let me talk to him and keep my dick." I whispered back.

John burst out laughing. I smiled. "Is that a yes?" I asked.
He nodded smiling.

"It's a good thing Im right handed.." I muttered, sitting up.

I saw my arm and choked back a sob. Nobody noticed, which I was very thankful for.

"Here, Son." Washington muttered, helping me stand up.

"This feels so weird." I told him.

"I can't imagine." Washington said.

I squared my jaw.

"Hey, you could be my right hand man." He mumbled.

I glared at him.

"Too soon?"
"Yes."
"Sorry."

I lead him to the building and he killed any walkers that got too close. I went into the building and called, "Aaron? You here?"

"Yeah! Where were you? You went out yesterday?" Aaron called back.

I glanced at my arm. "I...ran into some...difficulties.." I called back.

"What do you mean?" He asked coming into the room. "...who's this? HOLY FUCK! YOUR ARM!" Be shouted, stumbling back.

"...some difficulties."

"How'd you...what happened?" He asked, still very shook.

"I saved a kid. And erm...I got bit instead so they amputated my arm." I told him.

"They? God damn it Alex, I always told you that you'd get hurt being nice. This is a fucked up world, being Mr.NiceGuy will kill you." He said.

"Mr.NiceGuy is all I got!" I snapped.

He looked hurt. "What?" He growled.

"Smiling was 85% of my impulse control asshole! That's why I became so fucked up when I met you! I only came back so you wouldn't literally cut my dick off when you saw I was still alive!" I shouted.

"If you want to leave then go!"
"Fine!"
"Fine!"

I flipped him off and left. I leaned on the building. Washington came out of the building.

"It smells awful in there." He said.

"Yeah. All he does is drink alcohol and smoke. I think maybe drugs too." I said.

"I'm glad you left then." He told me.

"I'm not. He was a pretty good guy. And I got my arm bitten since I left." I muttered.

I let out a breath that I wasn't even aware that I was holding.
I smiled.
"Let's go."