Chapter Two

Alexander Pov
"How old did you say you were, Alex?" Washington asked me.

"I'm eighteen sir." I told him.

"Ever have scotch before Son?" He asked.

"No sir." I told him.

"Loosen up a bit. You don't have to call me sir, Son." He said.

"Okay. How many people are in your group?" I asked.

"This is it pal." Peggy said from behind me.

"Why don't you have anyone protecting your house?" I asked.

"We May or May not have chained walkers on the outside of it." Angie muttered.

Alright.
Thats a little crazy but okay.
Anything's better than cannibalism.

"Fine by me. As long as it works." I said.

"We have a dog. His name is Scruffy. He's one of those tiny shaggy dogs." Martha told me happily.

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed.

"How can you be so happy? After what happened to you? After having to murder three people, survive through cannibalism and watch the dead walk the Earth?" Angie asked.

"All it takes is a little reinvention." I told her smiling.

"Have you ever eaten anyone?" Martha asked.

"Oh jeez! No way! I could never bring myself to do that." I exclaimed.

I really couldn't. You know why? Because I didn't want to be remotely similar to those flesh eating monsters. And cannibalism is being just like them except you're aware of what you're doing.

"Who were the three people you killed?" Angie asked.

Fuck.
"I'd rather not talk about it." I mumbled.

"Hey could we make a quick stop?" I asked, realizing we were nearing the camp I had set up.

"Yeah, why?" Washington replied.

"A have a few things over in that building over there. You guys could come and look if you wanted." I told them.

"Alright." Washington said.

"Cool." I commented, pointing finger guns at them and turning to the building.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'm going with you." Angie said, her eyes narrowed.

"Fine by me." I told her, a smile plastered on my face.

"Can you stop being so optimistic? I hate it." She told me.

"I honestly don't think I can madame." I said, holding the door open for her. She scowled and walked in.

I smirked and followed after her. She turned a corner and pressed me against a wall.

"So. Who'd you kill and why? I don't like murderers. Especially since we have a ten year old with us." She growled.

"I don't want to talk about it." I told her, smiling softly.

"If you don't I'll shoot you." She said.

"Then you'll be a murderer." I replied, cooly.

"No, I won't. Who did you kill?" She asked, pressing a gun to the base of my skull.

"I'm not going to tell you." I said.

She grunted in frustration and took the gun off of me.

"I'm going to go get my stuff." I muttered.

I walked further into the building, Angelica on my heels. I grabbed a backpack, full of knives, a gun and some food. And a picture.

"What's in the bag?" She asked.

"How about this, you stop pretending to be an edgy thirteen year old and we hurry up and go okay? I mean, I tend to be a pretty nice, optimistic, all smiles person but you're getting on my nerves." I told her with a twitchy smile.

"Jeez...okay. Are you the kind of guy who's all smiled but when needed is a total badass?" She asked.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out, madame." I said, grabbing my hat.