"I'm Dr

"I'm Dr. Caleb Alexander."

"Wait you're the doctor? I thought you were the receptionist." He chuckles.

"Well actually I'm both. I just moved here. This is my first day and you're my very first patient. Here's some paper work if you can fill it out. It's just basic information."

After finishing the paper work I hand it back to him.

"Ok Jade Noelle McManus. Pretty name."

"Oh thank you."

"You're welcome." Ok says you're 5'5 and your 100bs? That's pretty low for your height."

"Oh well I haven't been eating since I haven't been feeling good."

"Ok. You're 20 years old. Ok so on the phone you said you've been coughing causing pain in your chest and head."

"Right. I've had this cough for about 3 days now."

" Under medications you listed birth control pills. Are you sexually active? "Oh no. I got them when I was 16 to help regulate my period."

"Ok. Any over the counter medication you've taken for your coughing?"

"Yeah none of it is working though. I haven't even been able to sleep."

"Ok well I'm going to look in your throat and listen to your breathing." He looks in my throat with his little flashlight. Then he checked my breathing though his touch made me jump.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm just not use to. It's just cold."

Caleb's POV.
She was about to say something else. What isn't she use to. I also don't believe she's underweight because of this cough. What is she hiding?

"Ok I'm going to send you down to radiology to get an x ray. Then come back to my office."

"Ok."

I walk out of his office down the hall to radiology.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah Dr. Alexander sent me down here."

"Ok you're Jade McManus?"

"Yes I am."

"Ok it'll be just a few minutes. Have a seat please." After a few minutes I get called back. I change into a gown and get a few x-rays done from different angles.

"Ok your doctor's will have these in a few minutes."

"Thank you."

I walk back to Dr. Alexander's office. "Dr. Alexander I'm back."

"Come back to the same room."

I walk back to the room and he was waiting in it. "You can call be Caleb if you'd like."

"Ok Caleb." I giggle and try not to blush.

"Ok I've got your x rays. No sign of pneumonia which is good. It looks like you have an upper respiratory infection. I'm going to fax the pharmacy some medicine."

"Ok thank you."

"Wait Jade I've got a question."

"Ok?"

"On your paper work you said you've never broken a bone before."

"Yeah?"

"Then how come the x ray shows you've had two of your ribs broken before?"

I froze I didn't know what to say. I know there from Kyle. He avoids hitting my face. So when I do come out in public people won't look at me or ask questions.

"Jade are you ok?"

I looked up to Caleb's face and he had a very considered look on his face. "Oh that was nothing. I tripped down some stairs about two years ago." Caleb looked at me like he didn't believe me.

"Ok."

Caleb's POV.
Yes this girl was definitely hiding something. I'm guessing either an abusive parent or boyfriend. I honestly don't see how someone can hurt this girl. Not just because she's beautiful. I mean she is very beautiful. Long black hair, gorgeous green eyes. I've only talked to her in this last hour but she seems like a nice person. She's obviously scared as well.

"Jade if you don't think this is too forward but since I am new in town would you mind accompanying me to lunch?"

"Um ok sure I guess. What time?"

"I close my office at noon for lunch. I'll meet you in the lobby."

"Ok sounds good."