Chapter 08: Pied Piper Pt. 1

"I see potential in our partnership and that's saying something

"I see potential in our partnership and that's saying something." Kim Jennie perfectly imitated the low, rough voice of her husband. "What a load of bull! Jisoos fucking Christ, he didn't even bother coming home last night!" She snarled into the mouthpiece of her smartphone, her mood darkening by the second.

It had been almost three weeks since the wedding and everything was going well for Jennie, save for her marriage.

In truth, she can count on one hand the number of times she caught sight of Min Yoongi in the last 18 days of living with him in a ginormous penthouse in the heart of Yangcheon District.

Jennie was too busy to think much about Yoongi's absence at first.

Before they left NYC, the 21-year-old donated many of her clothes to charity because it was impossible to bring them all to Seoul. Hence, during their first week of marriage, she was rather preoccupied with shopping and organizing her couture acquisitions just in time for the new season.

In the second week, she finally memorized the daily routine of her husband; he leaves the house before she wakes up in the morning, does God-knows-what all day, and then comes home when she's already asleep at night.

However, she still thought little of it because she was completely engrossed with her little project of redecorating the whole penthouse itself. The place just looked too much of a bachelor's pad for her liking.

When she told Yoongi about her plan of making their residence homelier on one of the rare times that he was home, she had taken his disinterested response of "knock yourself out" to heart.

She deemed her project a success; she went over the top with their flat's new cozy minimalist design that was just her style through and through.

Then, Jennie only truly felt the lack of companionship in her marriage when the third week came rolling in.

She tried reaching out to him, but even her simple dinner invites were always turned down because he was too busy with mob business. The guy was clearly a workaholic.

For days, she would only hang out with the two middle-aged housekeepers who would visit the penthouse every other day to clean and do laundry.

It didn't help that the rest of Blackpink were missing in action, too. Jisoo was also busy moving into her own condominium unit. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was back in NYC for two weeks to take care of some business. Then, Lisa — who was temporarily staying in one of the penthouse's guestrooms — was preparing for her audition to get into Korea National University of Arts.

Hence, her only company was good old Netflix. She watched anything and everything from BoJack Horseman, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, La Casa de Papel to Narcos. But even her attempts of distracting herself by binge-watching her favorite shows couldn't last forever.