37

For the whole plane I sit next to Ashton by the window and fall asleep, occasionally waking up and talking to him for a bit. We watch a few movies but none of them are interesting so we stick to listening to music.

When we eventually arrive in Australia it is boiling hot and mid-afternoon. Our families meet us at the airport, my mum talking to all the other boy’s mums. When she sees me she runs over and engulfs me in a big hug, squeezing me tightly.

The two of us find our car and I tell her all about the trip, including everything with Luke.

“Well he is a very attractive young man,” She points out as we drive out of the airport, when I get to the part of my story where he asks me out.

“Well he’s a bit of an asshole,”

“Oh dear hun, what happened?”

I fill her in on the rest of the story.

“Do you believe he would hit you?”

“I really don’t mum, but he looked like he was,”

“I can’t say I like him,”

When we get home I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I don’t wake up till the next day at around 3.

I roll out of bed and find a note from my mum, she tells me she is at work and won’t be back till late. I check my phone to see 2 new texts.

ASH MA BABE- We are filming the music video today, you can come watch at like 7, the studio on the corner of the high street xx

I laugh at what he changed his name to on my phone and quickly type a reply agreeing to meet them there. I then quickly reply to Michael’s text about the fact that he hates jetlag, before jumping into the shower.

Once I look decent I make myself a small fruit salad and eat it on my bed, watching some random YouTube videos. At around 6 my phone buzzes.

MIKEY my main boi- Ash is taking us; will pick you up in 10 xxx

And sure enough, in 10 minutes there is a ring at the door. I follow Ashton into his car (well his dad’s) and slide in next to Calum.

“You look tired,” Calum says the minute I get in the car.

“Well thanks Cal,” I laugh, because to be honest I am past caring how I looking front of these boys. We have become so close I am not afraid that they will think badly of me.

“Bags bigger than Ikea,” Michael laughs, referring to the bags under my eyes.

“Well I’m sorry my face isn’t good enough for you,” I shove him.

“We’re kidding Lils you have a nice face,” He grins sheepishly.

We have pulled up outside Luke’s house and the boys all glance at me.

“Guys I’m fine,”

“We are all pissed off at him too Lily, but he is in the band,” Ashton explains.

“Honestly I don’t mind,”

Ashton beeps his horn and it’s not long before Luke appears in the doorframe. He gets in the front next to Ashton, not saying anything.

“Hi Luke,” Calum says, breaking the awkward silence.

“Hiya,” He shortly replies, before looking back down at his phone.

“Have you started revising yet Lils?” Michael asks me.

“Nope,” I say proudly. “Don’t you guys need to revise too?”