epilogue: The aftermath

1 year Later

||||~~•°•°•~||||~~•°•°•~||||
______________________________

A group of seven men were seated inside a restaurant where one of them worked. Jin, after graduating from college, proceeded his dream of becoming a chef and ended up owning his own restaurant along with a cooking show. This, of course, making both Jungkook's and Jin's parents delighted.

Jungkook on the other hand, was barely beginning his first year of college as an art major. Within the few months he had been attending the school, he had sold 10 of his works and had a few of his art pieces showcased at a well-known art exhibit.
Which, everyone was proud of him for, especially his biggest supporter; Taehyung.

Taehyung had created his own songs and successfully published them to the public. They were a huge hit around town, and he felt accomplished in his work. His teacher had recommended entertainment companies, to which he signed up for but unfortunately didn't make it. Although, he now has a job as a preformer for Jin's restaurant where he receives good pay.
Not only did he have his friends support, but he had his love of his life too.

After the two boys(Jungkook and Taehyung) had agreed to end their romantic relationship, they both managed to find someone just as great. Jungkook met a man by the name of Hansol, who he grew fond of during his football season back in highschool. They stuck together and Hansol soon confessed his feelings, immediately wanting to express his affection to Jungkook once he returned those feelings. They fell in love, and knew nothing could separate them.

As well as Taehyung and his boyfriend, Joshua. They met later on when Taehyung had just begun performing at the restaurant. Joshua was eating peacefully when he had heard his incredible voice, instantly being taken into a trance by him. One thing lead to another, and now they're head over heels for eachother.

- -

"Jungkook!" Jimin squealed once he noticed the boy had arrived to the table with his plate towering with food.

"What?" Jungkook furrowed his brows, just about to take a seat when Jimin gestured for him to stop.

"Can you bring me some dessert? Please?? Ice cream!" Jimin whimpered.

Jungkook rolled his eyes but took off to do his mission anyway. Once he was out of sight, Jimin turned to the others with a straight face.

"Alright, how should we do this? Do we count 1,2,3 go? Or just 1,2,3 and then we start?" Jimin wondered.

The rest of the guys shrugged and set up the plan. "Maybe once he sits down we can start singing"

"I'll raise my hand and that'll be the signal." Yoongi suggested.

" no, I'll just count to two and you guys start" Jin frowned.

"But what if we all go after two and not on two?" Hoseok argued.

Soon enough, they were bickering over the plan and hadn't even noticed Jungkook's arrival. He sat down silently and stared at his friends with a frown

"How about you just sing it now?" Jungkook said, gaining the attention of all of them. They laughed sheepishly before beginning to sing to him.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jungkookieeeee! Happy birthday to youuu!" They all clapped.

He smiled and bowed his head a little. "Thank you guys so much, I love you all"

"I love you most!" Jin chimed before being nudged by Taehyung.

"No way, I love him more."

"Oh shut up tae!" Jun hissed.

"So Jungkook, what do you want for your birthday? Some good ol' birthday sex?" Namjoon smirked.

"What? N-No, I don't think so.." Jungkook's face turned deep red as he shook his head.

"Why not? Everyone wants that for their birthday!" Jimin piped.

"Uh no! He's a precious baby!" Jin complained.

"Come on Jungkook, I'm sure Hansol wouldn't mind" Yoongi spoke.

"I-I don't know. I don't think he would want to.." Jungkook frowned.

"I mean–I wouldn't mind giving you that as a gift instead. Should we do that?" A voice chuckled from behind their table. Jungkook whipped around to see Hansol standing with a bag in his hands. "Happy birthday baby, sorry I'm late"

"I-It's okay, and uh..maybe? I don't know" Jungkook smiled, taking the gift and thanking him

They all sat down together and talked about their days. The perfect day to spend with a group of perfect people. No one regretted the great bonds they built with each other, and through their struggles and hardships, they were there for each other.

That was their happiness; each other.

Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung would change that. They were glad they were simply friends, they wouldn't want to be anything more because they couldn't be. They loved each other, but just not in that kind of way. And now, they were both at their highest peak in life, full of hope and happiness.

- - -

- - -

Thank you for reading! :)