thirteen

-

-

It's been exactly two weeks since I've spoken to Taehyung. Im now attending my final year of high school here in Seoul, which has gone good so far, considering I'm the new kid.

I've met great people and even have girls swooning over me, but that's not what I pay attention to. What I have my focus on is Taehyung. Anything and everything I think about is about him. He hasn't left my mind once. I even caught myself talking about him to one of my new friends, Hyungwon.
He didn't mind much, except for the main question which was, "who the hell is Taehyung?" And I bluntly told him that he was mine, as if that would help understand who he was.

"Jungkook, I haven't known you for long. But by the sound of it, it seems like you really are obsessed with this guy.." Hyungwon chuckled

"I am aren't I? I'm so insanely in love with him.." I muttered.

"Woah, out of all the rants about him, you've never said the word love. Do you really love him?" He asked, staring at my intently.

"I-I think so..but I shouldn't" I sighed.

"Why not? Everyone had the right to love"

"Yes, but my mother says otherwise.." I looked down at my untouched meal and groaned.

"Dude, you really need to talk to her. She's your mom, what's the worst she can do?" He said before taking a bite out of his apple.

"She could kick me out" I frowned.

"Pfft, no. Mom's can't live without their children. You're like her prized possession!" He laughed.

"But so is my brother" I muttered, propping my cheek on my palm.

"Hm..maybe you should have your brother there for moral support. You said he helps you with everything right?"

"Yea..but he's busy with college. I don't want to stress him out even more" I fiddled with the chopsticks in between my fingers, staring blankly at how they spun around.

"If you don't come out, your man is going to get swooped up by someone else." Hyungwon clicked his tongue and continued to munch on his apple.

"Shit..Junhui!" I dropped the chopsticks and looked inside my pockets for my phone before remembering that I was still grounded. "No no no!"

"Huh? Junhui? Who's that, your ex? Wait no..Taehyung's your ex. So...your ex's ex!" He attempted to piece together the tiny details I've given him from my past rants.