Episode 5

"What do you mean they got away?" yelled Dan as both he, Josh, and Andrew were walking down a corridor in their headquarters. "Ashley showed up just when Tyler was going to take Elijah into the Mirror World. One thing led to another and now we are here", responded Josh. Dan scolded at him and turned his attention to the newcomer, "Is this an accurate assessment of the events that had transpired earlier tonight Andrew?" Andrew looked nervous, sure he was a member of the Kamen Rider Head Council but he knew his place among his elders. "Yes sir", Andrew responded, "In my opinion Josh showed excellent leadership skills". Josh could not help but smirk at Andrew's response to Dan's inquiry. Josh loved to hear about himself when it came to his leadership capabilities, much of his pride was built around it. Josh's smirk, unfortunately, did not escape the gaze of Dan as Dan looked at the man and asked, "If your leadership skills are so 'excellent' then why did the traitors escape your grasp". Josh wanted to say that the failure of the mission was due to the presence of Ouja and Verde acting on their own agenda, but what came out of his mouth was, "I'm...I'm not sure". "I think it best you figure it out", Dan said, "Now, report to Rose for debriefing". Josh, with a defeated look on his face, responded with a quiet, "Yes sir" and began walking to the Mission Center of the base. Andrew, however, did not leave. "Is there something I can help you with Andrew?" Dan asked plainly. Andrew got nervous again and said, "Well, it's just...um...I have a council question and I figure since you and I are both council members, I could ask you." Dan became curious as to what the question may be, but the curiosity soon faded as he quickly guessed the question, "Are you going to ask who is taking over the vacant seats on the council?" Andrew, a bit surprised that Dan guessed the question correctly, responded nervously, "Yes...s-si-sir". Dan looked amazed at Andrew, because he thought the question was absolutely stupid and demonstrated that Andrew failed to read the Code of the Council. "Why do you think it is requested of all of us to bring one person we trust to council meetings?" Dan asked angrily. Andrew thought carefully about what to say next and replied, "I'm guessing it's kind of like an understudy situation, where if one council member is unable to fulfill his or her duties, then the trusted person will take over". "Correct", Dan affirmed a mere half-second after Andrew finished, "If you had read the Code you would not have had to waste my time with such a ridiculous question". Andrew was starting to become offended by Dan's attitude towards him but knew he had to be respectful and said, "I'm sorry sir, I'll go to the Mission Center for debriefing".

Normally the debriefing process for missions takes at least an hour or at most two hours; however, this time it took four hours. Walking out of the Mission control center were five individuals, four men and one woman. Three of the men, Josh, Sean, and Andrew, were walking in front of the two other individuals, Dan and Rose. Rose was a 5'4", Caucasian woman with a heart-shaped face. Rose wore the same attire that most of the other Kamen Riders wore, a black fleece covering a white shirt with the Kamen Rider Zangetsu logo on the left breast of the fleece with black pants. Rose's medium length brown hair was braided and rested on her back. Dan was a man of mixed Italian and Cuban descent with a chiseled chin and horn-rimmed glasses that make him stand out amongst a crowd. Dan's hair was jet black and slicked back and his fleece had the Ryuki symbol on its left breast. "Do you want to spar in 5 minutes?" asked Dan. Rose responded, "Depends, with or without armor?" Dan chuckled at the question, "For your sake, I think without". Rose glanced at him coldly, she was not the type of woman to take humor lightly, not one man as ever seen her laugh. The only people who have seen Rose laugh or have a positive disposition are her small group of friends in the female dormitory. Rose responded to Dan's remark by saying harshly, "Fine". "Fine sir", Dan corrected her. Rose froze in her tracks and stated, "I only call Gaim 'sir'". Dan glared at the young woman and responded, "I am still your superior, and you will treat me with as much respect as you treat Kamen Rider Gaim. See you in a few minutes". Andrew could not help but hear the conversation, becoming increasingly offended with how Dan treated his fellow Riders. Andrew partly understood why Dan was rude, after all he lost someone he loved. During Rose's and Dan's conversation, Sean had been watching Andrew's face getting more agitated and said to the young man, "Andrew, follow me, we should talk council member to council member". "I don't know, the last time I talked to a council member, I did not find it quite fun", Andrew said jokingly. Sean smiled, "Follow me rookie".

Sean and Andrew had walked to the male dormitory and went into the recreation center down in the building's basement. The recreation center was pretty basic in concept, the room contained a large television in the center of the northmost wall, a table tennis table, and a few couches. Sean leaped over a tartan-patterned couch and sat on it, he enjoyed being a show off. Andrew, not wanting to risk injuring himself, calmly walked over to a dark cyan couch across from the couch Sean was sitting in. "So, Andrew, what bothered you most about the conversation we all overheard? Was it Dan's treatment of Rose or was it Rose being her cold self", asked Sean. Andrew was unsure how to answer the question, he thinks he can trust Sean, after all, when Rose was grilling Andrew on his failure to defeat Kamen Rider KickHopper in combat, Sean stood up for him. However, there was still doubt in Andrew's mind if Sean would report him for suggesting that Dan was at any fault. "I guess both", Andrew answered anxiously. Sean had a puzzled look on his face as he was trying to decide where to start explaining things. "Before Annie was murdered, Dan was very pleasant to be around, always being the life of a party. Dan and Annie were, from what it appeared, very much in love and were engaged after three years of dating. However, there were some rumors as to her loyalty to Dan as she and Jason had been seen getting closer and closer as they trained together more. When Annie died, and Jason left, it was decided by the Kamen Rider Supreme Council that Dan, because of his genius strategy skills, would lead the Kamen Riders to reunification and to imprison the traitors. Now, Rose is an interesting young woman. From what I have always seen, she has been very cold and untrusting of many people, especially when she was promoted to lead the Kurokage Troopers into Helheim to acquire more lockseeds. The only men that I know of that Rose talks to are Kamen Rider Gaim and Dan", Sean said. Andrew did not know what to say, he was surprised that someone such as Sean knew so much about everything. "How do you know all of this?", asked Andrew. Sean looked down with a little sadness, "The council typically meets up to discuss everything that occurs in the lives of our supervisees to ensure that there exists little drama amongst any of the Riders so that we can all work together and stop dangerous threats to our planet. Unfortunately, with everything going on right now we have not had an official meeting in 3 weeks". Andrew's face began to show signs of him being reassured and honored to be a part of such an organization. "What is the Kamen Rider Supreme Council?" Andrew inquired. Sean laughed, "They are our bosses dude, they are our predecessors. You know them as Kamen Riders Ichigo, Nigo, V3, Riderman, X, Amazon, Stronger, SkyRider, Super-1, ZX, Black, Shin, ZO, and J". Andrew was surprised, he thought those Riders had either retired or died and just as he was about to ask more questions, his commlink beeped and showed that his roommate, Blake, was calling him. "Sorry man, I got to go", Andrew said. Sean smiled, "It's alright, tell Blake I say hi".

It took awhile for Andrew to remember whichpocket held the key to his room but eventually he found the golden key andplaced it into the doorknob. Once in the room, Andrew could see that the roomwas exactly as he left it, a mess. On the left side of the room was Blakesitting in a wooden chair staring at three documents. Blake's head rose when henoticed that Andrew entered the room. Angrily Blake yelled, "What the hell isthis?", as he threw the three documents at Andrew. It took Andrew a minute torealize what they were; one was a set of orders for an upcoming raid on thetraitor's hideout, another was a signed order for the Rider given the firstdocument to go through with the orders, and the last paper was a list ofconsequences if the order is disobeyed. In the UFE, each non-council memberKamen Rider has a supervisor that signs the second document, and Blake'ssupervisor was Andrew. There was a little problem with the documents though,Andrew did not recall signing the second document which bound Blake toparticipating in the raid. Before Andrew could speak, Blake stated, "I am nothunting down my friends and fellow Riders, it's just wrong!" Andrew responded,"Blake, listen, I don't know what's going on here, I did not sign this seconddocument. Someone must have forged my signature". Then the speaker buzzed tolife that was present throughout all the buildings in the UFE compound andstated, "Kamen Riders Knight, Brave, Baron, and IXA report to the MissionCenter immediately!"