Chapter 3

Fresh for you! 

ahahaha hope you like it!

sorry if you expected a different outcome.... 

COMMENT VOTE & FAN! :D

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

  I stared at him for at least a full minute. His eyes held such a vulnerability that I almost wanted to hug him. His face was set hard and stone, like he had made his decision and he wasn't going to change it for the world.

   "I'm sorry, Tal. I love you more than the world but  I'm not in love with you." I said quietly.

   His face dropped ever so slightly.

  "I know, or at least that's what I figured. I guess us parting ways is good, eh?" He asked. 

   I nodded. We lay there for a long time in silence before I whispered, "I'm sorry." 

   And I was. I was truly sorry that I didn't recipitate the feelings that he held for me. I couldn't do much about it though so I had to just let it go just like he did.

   He only nodded in response. 

   I knew it was for the best. We were leaving each other for four years anyway. Even if I did love him in that way back we couldn't be together. Yet still... I felt bad. Like I had done something wrong or something although I know that I haven't.

   Looking at his sad face, I wished, if just for a moment, that I could love him back. I'm sure we would be happy together. The only problem is is that you can't exactly change your feelings towards someone all that easily.

   After a while, I said, "can we just forget about this night and spend these last few hours happy and together as best friends?"

   He looked at me and gave me a small, soft smile, "sure."

************************************************************************************************************

    I snuck back into my house at around four in the morning. As soon as I got to my room I stumbled. Boxes were absolutely everywhere and I had to maneuver my way over to my bed. When I finally felt its cushion surface I sighed and lied on it. Today had been a long, emotionally exhausting day.

  I wondered if I should've known that Talen was in love with me. I mean, he didn't make it all that obvious. He never tried to put the moves on me or nothing. And...I don't know, guys usually try and impress girls they like and Talen never did. In fact, if anything he always made sure I knew his flaws. And oh boy, were there plenty. He never washed the sink after shaving, which, by the way, was extremely disgusting. He couldn't cook to save his life. He was socially awkward. He was a perfectionist. He got rashes easily. He was scared of spiders. He didn't like cleaning. I swear, he's going to make a terrible husband one day. His mom always tells him that and I always reassure him that it's not true. But it is true.

   But in all absolute truth, his attributes outweigh his flaws. He was funny in his own quiet way. He was a kick-ass writer. He was decent looking, although he did have one to many spots. He was sweet and he was always there for you. He was great with kids. He's so incredibly smart and I am so incredibly jealous. He's always been true to who he is and never changed all through high school. But most of all, he understands people in a way that's mind boggling.