First Times.

The first time Mike Wheeler and Eleven made eye contact, they didn't really know what was going on.

For El, it was really strange. She had just ran away from the Lab, desperate to save herself and wishing that no one would catch her.

All her mind was saying was 'run. keep running. don't stop. escape. run.'

So, when a blinding light hit her right in the face, she gasped as her whole stomach made weird twirls, already sensing the worst and thinking that someone from the Lab had found her.

She had to adjust her vision, she wasn't going to do anything until she wasn't sure it was one of the 'bad men'. She was preparing herself though, to hurt someone if that meant she didn't have to go back there. Or maybe just give up, and let them take her back.

But that didn't happen.

For Mike, it was even stranger. (Things xD)

When he heard the sound of branches breaking, probably being stepped on, he had expected to die right there, in that moment.

Of course, his twelve years old mind went too far, and to the worst scenario.

So, when he turned his lantern to just see a kid standing there in a too big yellow blouse, barefoot, and with - oh! No hair! I bet she is a girl, she has the face of one. Her facial features are too delicate to be a boy's. - the most terrified expression he had ever seen, he took a big surprise.

They kept staring at each other. He took notice of the way her chest moved, up and down, as if she was having a really hard time to breath right. Her eyes were squinted, because of the lights that were pointing right at her face. She was soaking wet, and trembling.

She looked so scared, so... broken. Alone.

She took notice of the three boys in front of her. She realized they were as wet as she was, because of the 'rain', one of the words her papa had taught her with those little cards. There was one that had darker skin than the other two, but the one in the middle was the palest of them all. It caught her attention how he seemed to stand out from the others, and how his skin seemed to shine because of the moonlight.

She wasn't thinking about running anymore.

The first time they hugged wasn't really a hug. It was more like holding.

Mike, Lucas and Dustin managed to convince the poor girl to go with them. It was hard, specially because whenever they asked a question to her she would just shake her head.

As they were walking to their bikes, Mike noticed that the only thing she was wearing was the blouse. He didn't want to think of she had something underneath or not, he didn't think it was much of his business, but still took his jacket off.

He showed it to her, and she just kept on staring at it. He moved it a little towards her, and she flinched a little. He smiled at her, and put his jacket on top of her shoulders.

Her eyes widened, , taking a look to both of her shoulders before putting her hand on the jacket and pulling it up. She looked at him, the hint of a confused smile on her face as they continued walking.

Dustin couldn't take her because there wasn't enough space on his bike. Lucas couldn't either, he had recently hurt his foot so carrying two people's weight would be too painful, so Mike offered himself.

Once he was sitting on his bike, he helped the girl up. She wrapped her arms around his torso and tightened her grip to him, resting her head on his back.

He felt his face go warm, probably because of the closeness between him and a girl. A girl!

It wasn't really the time to think of that, but for some reason, he still did. He felt funny.