I need you to see me.

Hopper and El had finally finished cleaning up the cabin where they were going to live in.

Hopper prepared some dinner for them and they sat down at the table, eating in silence.

Hopper thinking about what would happen next. Would he be able to hide her as long as she would need? Should he tell Joyce?

Eleven was just thinking about Mike. She hadn't seen him in a long time, maybe for a week, she thought. She had wanted to visit him, she knew it would be dangerous for her but she didn't care, she needed to see him again. But after Hopper told her that it would be dangerous for Mike too, she decided to wait. She didn't want to put him in danger.

El finished her food and thanked Hopper before running to her room and locking the door. She ran to her desk and searched everywhere for something to cover her eyes with. She found a blindfold and put it on her closed eyes. She tried to walk to her bed but tripped and fell to the floor.

She groaned as she took of the blindfold and stood up. She walked to her bed and covered her eyes. She breathed in and after some seconds she found herself in the void. She walked to where she could see something. She continued to walk until she realized that what she was looking at was her fort in Mike's house.

"Mike!" She screamed as she started running to Mike, smiling.

"El? Are you there?" Mike said through the supper comm.

"Yes Mike! I'm right here!" She continued running.

"It's day 56 since you left." El's smile faded away as she stopped running. No, no, that couldn't be, it had only been a week, right?

"I'm still here, calling for you." El continued walking to him and kneeled down in front of him. "And I will continue until I find you, El. I know you are still out there. I-" Mike sobbed as a tear fell down his cheek. El's stomach flipped and she could feel how her heart skipped a beat. "I miss you so much, El. You have no idea."

"I miss you too, Mike." She whispered as she could feel tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm not giving up on you. Never. I promise I will find you, or maybe you will find me, and after that we'll finally be happy. I just... I just need you to give me a sign. I need to be sure you are still out there."

"I am! I'm right here Mike! Please, I'm here! I'm safe!" El was starting to get frustrated. She just wanted him to see her.

"I need you here with me El." Mike left his supper comm next to him as another tear fell down his cheek.

By now El was crying too. "I need you too, Mike. Please look at me, I'm right here. I just need you to see me." Mike sobbed and El threw herself to him, as she tried to put her lips on his.

But as soon as she touched him, he disappeared.

"MIKE! MIKE WHERE ARE YOU? MIKE! PLEASE ANSWER! I'M HERE! MIKE!" El fell to her knees as she cried.

She suddenly woke up and took off the blindfold. She felt like if she couldn't breath and her stomach hurt. She put her head on her hands as she cried harder. He had been calling her for 56 days nonstop, and he couldn't see her.

El cried herself to sleep that night, just as she did almost everyday after that. Just as Mike did.

606 words!
This is the shortest one yet but I saw something like this on Tumblr and had to write about it. I feel like I need to make a happy one, it's just that I've been sad lately and I don't feel like writing happy things, you know.