Babysitting.

"Dffafsf... okay, I don't make enough spit sometimes, b-but I don't have a disease! Idgavsv... oh dang, my poor tongue is so dry, do you wanna feel it?"

*nods*

"Oh well now you can't. Not yet."

"Centipede."

"Mmm no."

This was a request from pittyartz

"Michael, your father and I are leaving in 5 minutes. Are you sure you can babysit Holly all by yourself? You know, since Nancy went to spend the night at the Byers." Karen said as she put on her left earring.

"Yes mom, I'll be okay. Besides, I won't be alone, I asked someone to come and help me, don't worry." Mike didn't raise his head from his comic to see his mom.

"Someone? Is it Will, Lucas or Dustin? Because if it's Dustin then tell him that we don't have any chocolate pudding." Karen chuckled, remembering that day when Dustin destroyed her kitchen trying to find the pudding.

"Don't worry mom, it's not Dustin, actually it's none of them. But, Do we have Eggos?" This time Mike did look at his mom, smiling a little.

"Eggos? Yes, we have Eggos. Why?"

"Uh, nothing. But you should get going, I bet dad doesn't want to be late." Mike stood up and began to push Karen out of his room.

"Okay, okay!" Karen raised both of her hands. "Just tell me who is coming."

"Um, a human." Mike smirked. He didn't want to say 'a friend' because he knew that they were not just friends.

Karen rolled her eyes. "Okay then. Remember that all the important phone numbers are right there on the table of the dining room. Also, remember that Holly has to brush her teeth after eating and send her to sleep by-"

"9, I know. Now go! You don't want to make dad wait too long."

"Okay, then I'll see you tomorrow. Is that friend of yours staying to sleep?"

"Yes mom."

"Well, take care sweetie." Karen hugged her son. She raised her eyebrows when she realized that he was using perfume. He never wanted to use perfume.

"Goodbye mom."

With that Karen went downstairs where Ted was already waiting for her. "What took you so long?" Ted asked.

"Nothing. Now let's go." Karen grabbed her purse and walked out of her house, Ted following her. She closed the door and when she turned around she saw a girl with short hair standing in front of her. She wasn't looking at her though. She saw the girl wave to a car and turn around.

The girl walked to Karen's house looking to the floor, not noticing Karen and Ted looking at her with confused expressions on both of their faces.

The girl sighed when she reached the door and fixed her dress and hair. She knocked on the door.

"Coming!" Mike screamed from inside the house. Karen and Ted walked behind the girl, curious.

Suddenly the door opened and Mike looked at the girl smiling. "Hi El." Maybe she wasn't confused after all.

"Hi Mike." The girl, El, smiled.

"I, um, I got you something." Karen gasped and covered her mouth with her hand as she saw Mike handing a beautiful rose to El.