Christmas pt. 1

"I'm your sister's lover!"

0.0

"No it's fine we just kissed!"

"Are you telling me that you kissed Roberta right here in this room?"

Mike had been pacing around the room for about an hour. It was already 5:00 pm, meaning they would be here any minute by now.

He continued walking in circles when he heard the doorbell. "Coming!" He yelled, but so did Nancy.

They looked at each other defiantly, scrunching their eyes, before running to the door. Their hands reached the knob at the same time and looked at each other fiercely.

"Go away!" They both whisper yelled to each other.

"Why do you even want to open the damn door? I'm the one who invited someone to come over!" Mike said, making Nancy roll her eyes.

"I did too. Now move before I- NO WAIT! You open the door, but wait until I tell you to." Nancy ran and sat down crossing her legs on top of the armchair. She fixed her hair and sweater and inhaled heavily. "Open it." Mike rolled his eyes, knowing by how his sister had acted who she had invited.

"How about I don't?" If stares could kill, Mike would be bleeding on the floor by the way Nancy was looking at him.

He opened the door and in front of him were Steve and Dustin, with a plate full of cookies on their hands. Mike wasn't surprised about Dustin though, since the Snow Ball Nancy, Dustin and Steve were like a little family. "What's up Mike?" Before Mike could reply, Steve elbowed Dustin. "OUCH. What was that for?" Steve shook his head and took his hand to his forehead.

"What did we say before coming?"

Dustin sighed and looked at Mike again. "Merry Christmas Mike. Thank you for inviting us. We are glad to be here." He turned back to Steve. "Happy?"

"Yep. Now, if you excuse me, my girl is waiting for me." Mike stepped aside, letting Steve enter the house and go with Nancy. Dustin walked in too, leaving his jacket on the chair next to the door.

"He can be such a mom sometimes." Mike laughed at Dustin's words.

"Tell me about it. Last week he came over and sent me to sleep at nine because it was 'school day'." Now it was Dustin's turn to laugh. "Let's go to the basement, I have everything ready for when the whole party arrives. I can't believe my mom actually organized a gift exchange between all of us." Dustin just nodded and together they walked down to the basement.

Before they could even open their mouths to speak, the doorbell rang again, making Mike run to the door leaving Dustin confused and with a bunch of popcorn stuffed in his mouth.

"Coming!" He stopped abruptly in front of the door to fix his hair and sweater. He made a disgusting look once he realized that that was what Nancy had done when Steve arrived. He brushed it off and opened the door with a wide smile.

Mrs. Byers, Jonathan, Will, Lucas and Max were in front of him, with presents on their hands. His smile disappeared briefly but he composed himself soon.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Byers." He said in his most polite voice tone.

"Good afternoon Mike. Mrs. Sinclair and Max's mom say that they are deeply sorry, but they had another thing to do today and couldn't come. Yet, I told them I could bring Lucas and Max with me and they agreed." Mike nodded and allowed them to get into the house.