Christmas pt. 2

"What took you so long guys? You're lucky Mrs. Wheeler had to finish cooking something or else you would be eating our left overs." Lucas asked, walking to Will and El, that had just got upstairs.

"Um, we just talked." Will seemed specially happy. There was a sparkle on his eyes. What El had told him was exactly what he needed to hear.

"Just talked?" Mike looked worried, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his cheeks were a little flushed.

"Yeah, just talked." El smiled at him before smiling at Will. She walked to where Max was, moving all the presents to try to guess which was hers.

"And, what did you talk about? Since you were there for like an hour." Mike huffed as he flipped his hair.

"Stuff." Will couldn't look at his friend to the eyes, not just after he told his girlfriend he was gay. It somehow felt weird. He walked over to El and Max and Dustin walked to Lucas and Mike.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Mike was snapped out of his thoughts by him.

"Nothi-"

"He's just jealous of Will because he just spent more time with El tonight than what Mike has." Lucas chuckled at Mike's face, that was now redder.

"Lucas!" He smacked the back of his head.

"What? It's true, you were pretty obvious." Mike just rolled his eyes as he walked off to the kitchen.

"Do you need any help mom?"

"No sweetie, just tell everyone dinner is ready now." Mike nodded and walked back to the living room.

"Dinner is ready!" He said, forming a circle around his mouth with his hands. This time everyone cheered, as they were now actually hungry.

Mike moved a seat so that El could sit. She smiled thankfully as he sat down next to her and smiled back.

Now everyone was sitting down around the table, eating and chatting between each other.

"So, El..." El's head shot up from her plate to see Karen, who wasn't even looking at her as she cut her steak. "How did you meet my son?"

El gulped as she looked at Mike, alarmed. He looked at her the same way and the two kids looked at Karen with true eyes wided.

"Um, I met him in the woods."

"When?" Karen looked at her for just a second before returning her stare to her plate.

"A year ago."

"A year ago? And why are we only getting to meet you a year after you met?" This time, Karen put her whole attention on El.

"Because..."

"Because she moved out of town with her mother some time after we met, and returned almost a month ago, so I didn't have the time to introduce you to her." Mike interrupted as he saw the stressed look upon El's face. She looked at him thankfully, and he seemed to understand as he smiled reassuringly.

"Well, now that you're here El, I want to get to know you, so, why don't you tell me about you?"

"About me?" El pointed at her chest with her finger, her voice barely audible.

"Yeah, what you like, what you don't..."

"Uh, I like to sing. I also like to draw, take pictures and read. I love Eggos, and I don't like... bad people." She looked at her lap as she closed her eyes, brushing the thoughts away.

"You seem like a lovely girl." Karen smiled at her and she smiled back, shyly. "I can totally see why my son likes you."

Mike almost choked on his apple juice.