Stargaze.

Okay so I'm a really big fan of the head cannon that El thinks Mike's freckles are stars bc is cute af.

El opened the window of her room to find Mike  Wheeler smiling at her. "Mike." She said, making his smile grow wider.

"Hey El." He raised his hand and she helped him up. "Thanks." He said as he fixed his clothes.

El walked to her bed and sat down, opening her arms for him to go and cuddle. "Another nightmare?"

Every time one of them had a nightmare, they would sneak out to the other's house and cuddle. It was something they had been doing for the past three months since she had returned.

Mike shook his head. "Not this time beautiful." El frowned and tilted her head confused.

"Then what is it?"

"I wanted to show you something."

"Uuuu, show me!" She clapped her hands lightly, careful not to make Hopper wake up.

"I can't, you have to come with me."

"But Mike, I'm not allowed to go outside, even less when it's past midnight, and even less when Hopper doesn't know." Mike could tell she wanted to go, he could see it and hear it in her voice.

"It's safe as long as you're with me." He held his hand for her to take. She looked at his hand and then his face. "Do you trust me?"

"I trust you more than anyone else Mike." She smiled warmly and took his hand, him leading her and helping her out of the cabin.

"Put this on." Mike gave El his jacket and she did as told.

"Won't you be cold?"

"Nah, I'll be fine. But this way they won't see you." And he didn't want her to be cold, and she looked cute wearing his clothes, they were a little too big for her.

"What do you mean with 'they'?" El's face suddenly went pale and Mike cursed himself, with El you had to choose your words carefully.

"People on town, don't worry." He smiled and that was enough for El to feel better (and for the color of her face to return).

El looked at the bike lying on the grass and then she looked at Mike picking it up from the floor. "Hop on." He said as he sat down on his bike.

She walked to it slowly, as if she was careful not to step on a trap and let out a breath when she touched the backseat with her fingers.

She smiled and excitedly got into the bike. She realized there was a basket behind her but decided not to ask Mike. Maybe that was the surprise and she didn't want to make him feel like she wasn't impressed.

Mike could feel his heartbeat race when her hands wrapped around his waist and he could feel her resting her head on his back. A warm feeling spread across his body, and he was sure it was something only El could make him feel. He could get used to it, he liked it. "Mike."

He turned his face around, only able to see her left side. "Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

He smiled and tried to move his face a little bit more to her. "Nothing, absolutely nothing." He smiled and returned his eyes to the front, speeding up.

Mike rode his bike around Hawkins, looking at his surroundings. "I had missed this." El's voice said, almost in a whisper.

"What?" He answered in the same tone.

"Us, riding together your bike." He could feel her smile on his back.

"Yeah, I had missed it too." He smiled too, even though he knew she couldn't see him. Truth is, he really had. He liked the feeling he got when they rode together- The wind hitting his face, with El wrapping him with her arms and her head resting on his back. Her vanilla and jasmine scent somehow got to his nose, filling the air he breathed.