Chapter 29. Fighting for dominance

~ Mila~

‘No!’ Callum, my beta, was seriously pissed off by my choice.

‘It’s the only way Callum. There is already a set border patrol within Crimson Blood territory and evacuating rogue families to Crimson blood territory is the safest thing for them.’

After the meeting with our beta’s and head enforcer Asher and I asked for some time alone so that we could asses our findings and come to certain conclusions and points of action. Retreating from Darklight territory was one measurement we wanted to implement. When we called the beta’s back in Callum was not amused by this decision.  

 ‘I won’t let us abandon our territory.’ He claimed seething.

‘And I won’t either.’ I growled back, hating his tone of voice towards me. ‘Just let me be clear. The warriors will come to Crimson Blood pack grounds. They can help with protecting the borders of this territory, we need to draw back. The territories together are too large and will allow the enemy to slip through our defenses without being noticed. You know that it’s true, it has happened before. To make sure that doesn’t happen we will have to secure this area. The reason we choose this is because there is a pack here and because of the sea on one side it’s easily defendable. This plan comes with minimal risks and it will take care of point number three.’

I pointed towards the board we made. I understood Callum, really I did but right now he needed to get real and understand this was the only way.

He growled at me and shook his head in anger after that he pointed his finger at me. ‘You are wasting your heritage young lady.’

That degrading tone had me seething and I stood up, so did he. Standing almost nose to nose I hissed. ‘Now you listen to me. I am preserving the territory best I can. There is nothing there yet, you told me that yourself! We need Ashers pack to help build ours! We have no means to construct a packhouse or even make sure the new packmembers will be fed in the future. In order to provide income we need a backer so we can start for ourselves. If this pack, which is also my pack now, falls as the enemy probably plans, we will have nothing. Do you understand!?’

I poked his chest and he stepped back and bowed his head in defeat. The reasoning behind my words couldn’t be denied, same went for my higher position over him.

I sat back down and Asher stepped in for a moment. ‘I know you have struggled all these years to make sure that the Darklight packgrounds are preserved and you did a good job at it. But you need to realize that no pack will want to claim lands supposedly guarded by lethal warriors who have a reputation of being everywhere and nowhere. If you do this correctly they might not even know the packlands are unguarded for the time being mainly because of your illusive reputation.’

Callum looked at us and said. ‘I am sorry Alphas, you have a good point. And I agree that this is probably the best solution, I just don’t have to like it.’  

I nodded but I could tell Asher was seriously pissed off. ‘What’s wrong.’ I mindlinked him.

‘This beta has been in over his head for years and that has gotten to his head. He’s been pressured into taking on an alpha role and that makes him question authority more than any other beta I’ve ever met. It’s understandable but also very annoying. You need to keep him in check and he needs to take on more beta position. Establish and enforce your own rules with your pack and please don’t be afraid to go against him when you feel like it. Heck, if he goes too far you could strip him from his beta rank.’ He replied the same way.

I didn’t reply because he was right. We were having a mindlink chat and Liam sat in front of us totally relaxed, waiting until we were done while Callum looked annoyed and I could feel that he felt left out of the loop.

The Alpha's Chaseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें