Chapter 10- Surrounded by love Surrounded by love

When he said he was calm, or calm enough, Marco left Star's room. He was not at home. He went down to the kitchen, where his mother had left his breakfast, with a note saying they were going to the movies because Star was curious to see a romantic movie. Marco was not attracted to these films. They were going to bring him something sweet, the note said. Marco thought he had read wrong, but it did not matter.

He sat at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and milk and tried to drink it. He felt that his stomach was writhing, but he had to have fuel. Like the airplanes. Wings tinkling with ... whatever it was that was moving them. Maybe it was sugar. Sweet and hot like a kiss ... like chocolate. That. I'd better make a couple of cups of chocolate for when Tom arrived.

He put the milk on the fire a couple of seconds before the entrance bell rang.

He almost jumped in surprise.

Trying to calm down, he walked to the front door like a robot. The snow was still falling on the other side of the door. He took a deep breath a couple of times and opened it. A gust of wind and snow hit him in the face before he could say anything, and something passed by him, something covered in white. He closed the door at once and leaned his back against it. Hell, it was cold.

He almost laughed, but in the end it came out like a rattling of teeth.

"Fireplace," he said, and pointed toward the fireplace. The white pile went there, and Marco went to the kitchen, in time to prevent the milk from boiling and turning over.

A few minutes later he returned to the living room, where Tom was waiting for him, sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace. There were several white coats on the rack next to the door. "Onion time". Marco left a steaming cup on the table and sat on a sofa, not knowing how to begin.

- Sometimes you remind me of Marshmallow.

Marco looked at him, surprised, not knowing what to say. The demon did not look at him, but at the flames, sitting with his back against the back of the sofa and the posture of someone relaxing.

-In particular lately- Tom moved his eyes from the fire towards him in a blink, calmly -You look like a cat or a rabbit that looks out to its potential, and then fears. You make people want to be with you and hug you.

-Er ... thanks?

- You never thought about stopping it? - Pause - In stopping your transformation.

-No ... I did not know that you could ...

-Do you want to do it?

- ... no- he said, after thinking about it -although sometimes it's something strange, or uncomfortable, although sometimes it scares me ... I like it- he looked at the cup he had in his hands and began to drink, slowly.

-You can get married.

-What?

Tom also had his cup in his hands, a cup much more empty than before, and he was smiling.

-If you know how to cook, you can get married.

-And what about being independent and all that?

That's what your husband will be for.

- Hey - he threw a cushion, and Tom returned it.

-After all, you've dreamed about your wedding night.

Tom smiled slowly when he saw the boy's face turn red.

-Well, yes- he said at last, looking away and taking another sip from his cup -although I did not ... it was not how I ... felt.