Chapter 6- Ignorance will not keep you safe

Marco was excited.

It was his first mixed-pajamas party, and Jackie-Lynn would be there, at Snow's house. Which, of course, seemed to be the kind of house you saw on the postcards of Nordic villages, where Vikings had lived centuries ago, or those houses in luxury ski resorts. Or so Brittney said, with a flurry of hair and a tone of voice that showed that she had not been invited.

- He really has not invited you? I thought that if.

"We have not seen him," Tom said. "When the classes started, we stayed with you in the infirmary, remember?

The other blushed a little.

-Oh, true- two more steps -And Star?

-Said that her mother had made her return to Mewni for family matters.

Three steps of silence.

-Why did they change?

-What?

-Tom, the last time we saw you, a couple of years ago, she did not want to know anything else about you. And now they are here, like two old friends. What is it that you are not telling me?

-Murated- the word came out too fast, automatically.

Tom's third eye betrayed him.

-Really. What can be so terrible that they can not tell me? It's not like I have not been in dangerous situations before.

- Things you would not understand, Marco - none of his eyes looked at him. - You may have ... you are undergoing some changes, but what you ask me is to go from level three to one hundred. They are things of our dimensions, some that can only be known by members of real families ... And you already know how bad it can make you know, or get involved, with that. More than you already are, "he said, in a hurry, seeing Marco frown.

-Tom- the boy stopped in the middle of the path, and looked everywhere, making sure no one could hear them, before continuing. -You know how this is going to be. You do not tell me I'm foolish, or the bad guy comes, and he offers to tell me what you do not want to tell me. I find out what is happening and there will be problems. I'll end up in danger if you tell me or not. Do not you think that, if it can affect me, I deserve to know what can come for me?

-Until there is no evidence that you need it, no.

Three seconds of silence, two eyes against three.

-So this world does not work, Tom.

-It's that you're not ... - he cut himself short, too late.

A group of cheerleaders was approaching, and their voices came to them.

"I'm already involved, anyway," he said, pointing to the lines on his face.

.-.

-Hi Mark.

-Oh, hello Jack- he smiled, relieved to be able to talk to someone who did not hide secrets from him. Or maybe it was the boy's chocolate scent. -How did you spend your first day of school? I'm sorry I could not be here to receive you ... I had to be in the infirmary.

"It's okay," he wrung his hands nervously. "Jackie-Lynn showed me where everything was, anyway, and ... Well, you can not control when you're sick, right?

-Not yet- he felt bubbles of joy rise from his stomach -Is something wrong?

-Well, I'm going to give a pajama party, and ... And I'd like to invite some people from the room besides you.

-Man, that would be great.

"Yes, I know." He looked to one side, running his fingers over one cheek, as if he were scratching reluctantly. "I do not dare to deliver them in person. But Dad said this could not be mailed ...