Chapter 5- The beauty of the world according to Marco Díaz

First day of school after the Holidays.

Marco felt a little nervous, although Tom had advised him not to try to hide it. Sooner or later, his classmates would see his changes, and it was better that it be something gradual, so that they were accustomed to the idea, instead of a big surprise. That could bring bad results.

-In addition, if you need help, just come to my side and I'll solve it- the devil said, with a charming smile -After all, it seems that I am ... interesting ... for your classmates.

-Some- Star said, smiling from ear to ear -And some.

-My charm overcomes the barriers of the sexes.

-Yes, sure- Marco said, still nervous. The lines of her face had begun to draw a circle around her eyes, and some lines that ran down her chin. "Is it because of the mask I used?"

-It may have been in part, although the culture in which you grew up carries a lot of weight. It's something personal.

-Ujum- Marco scratched his back distractedly, and waved at Jackie-Lynn, who was passing with his skateboard a few meters away, with much interest. He followed her with his eyes, until another girl passed by, one of the cheerleaders, and she thought it was pretty to see. And then another girl, and a boy, and ... - Did he spend anything during Christmas?

-Except the stinky incident, no- said Tom.

-Ujum, that where you two felt something ... - He looked at a couple of girls, and felt that the skin itched - Is that all have become more beautiful? And that boy is not bad.

Star looked at him.

-Framework...

-They are so ... so ... attractive.

"Marco," Tom's voice made him look away. "You have hearts in your skin.

"Hearts?" The demon took something from his face, which peeled away like a sticker, and he put it in his hand. It was a violet heart. Er ... Star.

-This should not be happening- the girl did not believe her eyes -Marco, I think it would be better if we take you to a place where there is nobody, and wait for your ...

-That. Yes. Well, Marco was looking at one of the guys on the swim team. He really has a nice back.

-Come on. Ya- said Tom.

.-.

Marco saw how beautiful the world was and who lived in it.

Jackie-Lynn, for example, was skillful, intelligent, charismatic, active and beautiful. And that boy from the swimming club, who did not know his name, seemed to be very disciplined to have achieved that beautiful back. Oh, and some of the cheerleaders had a balance achieved with years of practice, and it showed on their pretty legs.

Why was the world so beautiful?

He felt hot, and the infirmary bed was no longer cold, like when Star and Tom brought him, telling the doctor that Marco seemed to be suffering from some puberty. Then, Tom sent her to the other side of the school, telling her that it would be a good idea to give lectures, classroom by classroom, about safety and health. He planted the idea so well in his head, that the doctor asked them to wait there, that he had to go do his duty.

Now they could take care of Marco.

They had taken a couple of chairs, and they had sat down, one on each side of the bed where the boy, now with violet skin completely, was rambling.

"Hey, Tom," the boy said, grabbing his hand. "Do you know I was a little jealous when I saw you arrive?" I mean, wow, you were handsome. And now that you're here, you're not that bad, actually-he let out a giggle-you're nice to have next to you, as if ... like the light of a skull's eyes, yes.