Chapter 1- The visit of a queen

Marco could say, without a doubt, that life with Star was anything but boring.

Well, sometimes that meant putting his life in danger, but what was living without some risk? Anyway, something was going to have to die.

That thought must have been more macabre than it seemed. Because Marco, in those moments between being awake and dream, made him smile. It was a more exciting life, yes, and I had met many new people, other worlds, other beings ...

The fairies did not seem so pretty now.

And he had survived all that. He had survived, he, Star, his friends, his family (the picture of his anniversary trip to Mewni was still on the mantelpiece), all the boys in his school ... And good things had come out of that.

Except when something really scary happened, of course.

But that was not going to happen. No, it was not going to happen, because her bed was comfortable, the blankets were warm, in a few days it was the Christmas holidays and Star was excited to know what it was all about. Marco had told her about the trees, the tradition, the gifts and the food, and Star told herself she would be ready this time. No impromptu trips to Mewni, that's not it.

Marco slipped towards the dream smiling, with the snow falling behind the window, wrapped in various forms of warmth.

.-.

The next morning was Sunday, and Marco did not feel like getting out of bed.

I was comfortable there, warm and without hunger or thirst or desire to go to the bathroom. It was almost as if I were in those moments where everything seemed to be fine and the world was a place of those that appeared in advertising, without product or service to sell.

"The Red Moon is not wrong"

Marco opened his eyes, curious. That voice had not heard her since Star went to the famous dance, invited by her ex-boyfriend Tom. I still did not know what it was, but I had helped him before. He shook his head from side to side, but did not see anyone. He looked at his watch, told himself he could get up and see what Star was up to, and began to move.

The intention was to get up slowly.

A bright pink burst from Star's tower-room made him fall to the ground.

-I'm all good, and there's nothing to worry about and I'll fix.

Something ran around the corridor, something with hooves.

Something with a snake tail that smoked.

"Star!" The girl was launching attacks of ice silk spiders, and the corridor looked like a house of the horror of fairs, but well made. Marco, without thinking too much, threw his blanket to the face of the thing, grabbed the snake's tail with both hands, landed with a foot and a half (the almost stumble did not count) and pulled.

The girl landed at his side, and pointed her wand at the beast, which was beginning to shake the blanket.

- Well done, Marco! Blow of freezing penguins!

Lightning with penguins made of ice came out of his wand, along with a blue ray, and the creature was frozen in the act.

-Great, thank you Mar ...

The princess stopped talking in the middle of her sentence, and stared at it, not-Star? - the boy asked - Something wrong?

-Eh, no, nothing- she said, laughing at that nervous way that Marcos already knew.

-Yeah right. What's going on?

-It happens that ... - began to look around, nervous, and then smiled from ear to ear. He took Marco by the hand. "It happens that I want you to want me to want something!"