Chapter 4- Christmas in several beds

"Marco, what did you wear today?" Star asked, covering her nose.

-Do you? - The boy looked at her, at the breakfast table the day before Christmas Eve.

-Yes. You smell weird. And it's not a pretty smell.

"Let's see," her mother said, and sniffed at her son. "Nothing, you still smell like a pretty boy.

-Mom!

-If it's the truth, son- his father intervened -I see that in a couple of years some girls are going to start looking at you with different eyes.

-Dad...

-Or some other boy, well, we will not want you less if it's like that.

-Dad!

Star laughed softly.

-Star, do not cheer. Then they will believe it.

His mother let out a giggle.

Marco looked at her.

-Well, what happens in this house?

-Things. Things like preparing Christmas dinner, "said his mother, bringing a plate of pancakes to the table. He put it in the center of the table, and Star poured a few. "And I need all the people here to help. If not, it's not worth it.

-Well- Marco took a bite of his pancake. He could still feel the same taste as always, which was good. What would happen if he had to feed on souls, or things like that? Tom seemed to be able to survive human food, at least for a few days. He scratched, distracted, his back. He had woken up with an itch and kept pestering him. "What's my turn?"

-To you, go for some ingredients for desserts. Star, you will go with Rafael. You will need help with drinks and what I need for dinner. Thus, dividing tasks, we will arrive on time. Then, if you want, you and Marco can go out and play, but first, the food.

-Oh, well- the girl looked at Mr. Diaz, who winked and looked at his son, with a finger on his smiling mouth. He understood right away - Are you sure you can survive without me, Marco?

-I have survived until now. And I have my first aid kit, in case something happens.

.-.

"Where are you supposed to find chocolate with Nordic toffe?" The boy asked, after going through the sixth grocery store. I had managed to buy everything on the list, except that, and it was about to arrive at noon. "I searched for half the city, Mama, and I can not find it.

-It's the one you brought as a gift with your coat- answered Mrs. Diaz -Remember?

Marco remembered. Yes, they had given him something extra besides the coat he was wearing, some chocolates. He had forgotten about that because of his transformation, and bit his lip. Should you tell your parents? How would they react?

-Marco?

-Oh, yes, now I remember- said the boy, returning to reality -I forgot that. Now I'm going to go find him.

"Take care of yourself, son," his mother asked, his voice worried.

I hated worrying about it.

He went to Juan Nieve Park, wondering how he was going to tell his parents, if he ever dared to do it.

.-.

The park was full.

The queues at the attractions were fast, and there were people cheering for the children who waited. Marco did not hear a whimper on his way to the candy store that indicated the map. It was shaped like a snowflake, and it was divided into two: on the one hand, the candy store for children, full of colors and sweets without sugar, for people with celiac disease, diabetics, low calories or made from vegetables. On the other, the chocolate shop, which included liquor chocolates, European chocolates and pastries from three continents, as well as a café with half a dozen tables.