"So which of his abilities did you inherit?" Ronan asked.

David smiled, and then he held his hand out. White sparks began to accumulate there, and I gasped.

"Lightning." I whispered, fascinated.

"Not quite as strong as my fathers connection to the element, but it's still there." David said. "Still comes in useful."

Ronan nodded, impressed. "Did you inherit any other abilities?" He asked.

"His sight and hearing." David says. "That's about it."

"That's awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, it seems like nothing in the presence of a Dreamwalker and an actual Argent Eye."

I felt myself begin to blush. "I, uh- I guess." I said.

There was a knock at the door then, before it began to open. Ronan immediately vanished, leaving just David and I as a face popped round the door. I recognised it as Peter's, who was one of my lecturers.

"Hi, David." He said, and then looked at me. "Oh, hi Millie. How you holding up?"

I smiled. "Not too bad, thanks." I said.

"Good." He turned back to David. "Can I just borrow you for a second?"

"Sure." David said.

I grabbed my bag. "I better go." I said, knowing it was getting late. "See you later."

"Bye, Millie." David said, and I walked out the door.

I heard my name being mentioned as I walked further away from the closed door. I knew I shouldn't listen, but I couldn't help it. I waited at the end of the corridor, and pretended to be on my phone as I kept my ears open. I was surprised at how well I could hear from this distance.

"Has Millie spoken to you about her accident?" Peter said.

"Yes, she has." David said. "I think we've turned a corner."

"That's good." I heard Peter take a seat, still surprised at how excellent my hearing was. I was stood at the other end of the corridor, and could hear everything perfectly. "I was getting worried that she'd lose focus on her studies."

"I don't think you need to worry about that." David said.

"Okay, well, so long as her situation is under control."

I mean, I knew Peter was only looking out for me, but it was annoying how my personal life was being discussed with everyone. After being stabbed, it seemed as if I was the subject of all sorts of gossip going round. I'd even heard someone say that it was all made up. Just a way for me to get attention and extenuating circumstances from the university.

I heard David's door click open, so quickly turned and walked the other way before Peter would see me.

Then, something strange happened. I walked quickly, although it seemed as if I was walking so quickly that my surroundings blurred before I found myself outside. I peered at my hands, and they had a dark mist surrounding them. It felt good. It made me feel strong, like I were invincible. Like I could do anything. I laughed out loud, unable to help it.

Then I ran. Everything became a blur as I ran as fast as this new strength would take me, until I was at the top of a hill in Greenwich park. It was getting dark, the sun having set a while ago, but it only made the feeling inside me intensify.

What was this?

I laughed again, not really bothered about what it was. I felt great.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out in the dark on her own?"

I turned at the male voice, to see a group of three men standing with their fists clenched. I knew what they wanted, but for some strange reason, it didn't bother me. Whatever they were going to try and do, I knew they would never get to me.

"Just enjoying the night." I said, surprised at the sound of my own voice. It had a mysterious, dark undertone to it.

The man in the middle chuckled. "Well, I guess we will be enjoying it together."

It was my turn to laugh. "I don't think so." My body was filled with a sudden confidence as my senses sharpened, and the strange feeling I had grew stronger.

"Grab her, boys." The middle man said, and immediately his men began to walk purposefully towards me.

I just stood my ground, not feeling an ounce of fear inside me.

The first man grabbed my arm- all I did was stare up at him and smile, before I felt his fear. His pulse quickened, as I took a hold of his wrist and twisted it hard. The night was filled with a loud crack, before a cry of pain. I kicked out, my foot landing just above his groin, and the man flew backwards and rolled down the hill.

I turned to the other man, but he was already running. I was faster, though- I sped in front of him, blocking his way as the dark mist shrouded my hands, and grabbed him by the throat. He was lifted easily from the ground, his hands grasping at mine as he tried to free himself.

I threw him onto the ground, before turning to the middle man.

"Please, no!" He wailed, taking a few steps backwards.

"Is that what all your victims say?" I asked, getting closer to him. "Do you ever listen to them?"

"I'll never do anything again!" He cried.

"You're a poor liar." I said, and grabbed the scruff of his shirt. At this moment in time, I wanted nothing more than to see the life leave this man's eyes. I wanted to see him suffer. His eyes began to cloud over with a dark mist as I stared into them.

"Millie?" I heard a voice. I turned to see David standing there, and immediately I felt the unforgiving strength leave me. My vision was no longer clouded with this dark mist, and I dropped the man. He fell onto the floor, and ran as fast as his legs could take him.

What just happened?

I gasped, and for a moment I struggled to breathe. Then, I heaved and fell onto my hands and knees as I threw up, leaving this black liquid stuff on the grass. Immediately, it turned to smoke and seemed to dissipate into the air, and a bright, white light shone from underneath my hands.

It sent a calm wave through me, before it seemed to make me realise what I just did. Or, what I was about to do. What I wanted to do.

David helped me up, as the white light disappeared. I peered at my hands, and immediately they began to frighten me. I was going to kill that man. I wanted to do it. I started to cry, and then looked at David who had a worried look on his face.

"What did I just do?" I said, my hands and voice shaking.

"Let's get you back." He said gently, and began to walk me away in silence.

__________