Chapter 1

8 Years Ago

   I sat in English waiting for this damn class to end. It felt like I've been stuck up in the class for an eternity. When that bell finally rang, I made my way to my locker. Someone then propped themselves up next to the locker next to me. I looked over and noticed it was Skylar. "Man, you've seen better days, haven't you?" She chuckled.

"Ha-ha. Real funny." She kissed my cheek.

"God, do you two ever get a room?" A voice projected behind me.

I looked over and noticed it was Landon. "You know what? Maybe you should try to get a girl."

He laughed and slapped me upside the head. "Asshole." He muttered.

I looked back to Sky. "Hey, I gotta get back to class. Can we meet after school? I gotta ask you something."

"Yeah sure. No problem." She kissed my lips and she made her way down the hall.

Landon groaned and rolled his eyes. Then he made a slight gagging noise. "I gotta go. See you after school." I stated as I closed my locker. He nods and we parted ways.

The end of the day rolled around and Skylar was waiting by my locker. "Hey you." She smiled and she kissed me gently on the lips. I pull her into a hug.

"Okay. Come on now. How many times do I have to walk in on you two having a make out session?" Landon stated.

I pulled away. "So what's up?"

"Well, I was throwing an early graduation party and I was wondering if you wanted to come along." She looked to Landon. "And you're invited too."

"Yeah! That'd be awesome!" I said as she smiled.

"I should get going so I can start setting up for the party. It's gonna be at seven tonight. I'll see you later." She kissed me one more time and then left.

Landon chuckled. "Skylar Blake and Jason Holland. Port Shaw High's main couple." He started clapping.

I shoved him playfully. "I'm leaving so go home."

He held his hands up in surrender. Walking out towards the student lot I reached for my car keys in my pocket. I unlocked the car and looked around before getting in. There was a sketchy pickup sitting across the lot. All the windows were tinted so I wasn't sure if anyone was inside. I got into my car and started it. I plugged in my phone and music started playing through the car.

I pulled out of the lot and made my way back to my house.

I'm on my way. I'll see you soon

I texted Sky right as I was leaving. Grabbing the car keys off the side table, I walked out to my car. My phone went off right when I got in the car.

See you soon. Love you

A smile spreads across my face. I back off the driveway. I headed northbound towards the expressway. A small number of drivers were heading in the same direction. They must've still been getting off work. The sign above where I was supposed to get off at illuminated above me. I got into that lane but as I did, the lights on my dash and my headlights started flashing and going dim. Then my car died. With all my might, I pulled the car over.