Vikklan- Wings Parts 1 & 2

Start from the beginning

"You need to sleep Lachy..." He nodded, looking away.

"I know... but I've got work to d-" I placed a finger over his lips and shook my head, taking his hand.

"No. Lachlan, you're exhausted, you're going to bed, right now." He looked away from me, rubbing his eyes with his fist like a tired toddler and wobbling a little on his feet as he stood.

I took his hand and pulled him up the stairs, making sure that I was going slow enough that he could keep up with me, even though he had to walk a few steps behind me. As I reached the top of the stairs again, I stopped for a few seconds so Lachlan could take the few extra steps so he was beside me.

Just as he was on the step below me, he stopped for a couple of seconds and looked up, his eyes going wide as they fixed on my back. His hand reached up to the top of my back and his finger touched my t-shirt I pulled away, feeling a shot of pain as his fingers landed on the painful joints of my wings.

"Vikk? You're bleeding?" I groaned internally, as the bandage must have moved and the blood instead soaking into my t-shirt.

I tugged on his hand again and instead took him into my room, rather than his own, and sat down on my bed. He sat beside me, a confused look on his face, and his hand reached out for my back, but I pulled away while shaking my head.

"Please Vikk? I want to help, you're bleeding."

"I know... but there's something I haven't told you, or anyone else for that matter." My hands went to the hem of my shirt and I took in a deep breath, pulling my shirt over my head.

Because I was facing Lachlan, all he could see was the bandages around my chest and his eyes widened, his hand reaching out to touch them. He looked almost worried, a little bit shocked too.

"It's not what you think Lachy." I started to undo the bandages, letting them fall to the ground and I then waited a few seconds before spreading my wings out, feeling a flash of pain as I did so. He looked at me in awe.

"Can- Can I?" His hand was held out in front of him and was about a foot away from my wings. I nodded.

"Just- don't touch that one. It's sore." I pulled my sore wing away from his hand, which was still bleeding and still very painful. His fingers instead touched the ends of my feathers on my other wing, making me freeze, but I let him continue, feeling his light touches as his hand brushed the tawny brown feathers.

"Why did you never tell anyone Vikk?"

"I couldn't. Not after what happened." I knew he understood my words.

His head turned to my other wing, my sore one.

"Can I have a look at it?" I nodded again, lowering the wing gently so Lachlan could take a closer look at it, his fingers grabbing gently at the feathers and lifting a few of them so he could see what was wrong. When his hands reached the cut, that was still bleeding, I heard him hiss.

"Jesus Vikk, it's bad... I think it's infected 'cause it's quite swollen." I sighed, honestly not surprised.

"It's whatever Lachlan, I don't care." He gripped my hand.

"Vikk! Don't say that! You could lose your wing if it gets any worse!" I sighed to myself, burying my head into my knees and feeling the tears welling up in my eyes.

"I know." My voice was absolutely miserable. "Maybe it would be better that way."

Lachlan's hand landed under my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"Vikk. You shouldn't be ashamed of your wings, they're beautiful. You're beautiful." I nudged my chin into his hand, just wanting the human comfort that came with his touch. And he noticed too.