Twenty-Three - Night

[Tristan's POV] 

It was getting quite late as I was sat up in bed, reading a book by one of my favorite authors. Jasper was snuggled up against me, asleep. I eventually closed the book so I could have some time to think to myself before falling asleep for the night. 

I turn 18 soon. I'll be the first one out of us three to become a legal adult. I was nervous, but also rather excited. 18 is the age where a Shifter could have his first heat, it's sort of like a second puberty for us, especially if you've already found your mate. 

As an alpha, we get the stress of procreating early in our life in order to expand our territories. However, there are two alphas in this relationship. Our parents still have most of the alpha's responsibilities but a lot of things get passed down to the children after the age of 18. Since our Kitten is the only one out of us three who is not of alpha rank, would he be the one to carry children? Would he then carry both kittens and pups? Jasper is a wolf after all. There isn't much information on this topic since having more than one mate is incredibly rare. I'll have to see if there's any more information in the library, possibly there's something online too but it'll mostly consist of theories and rumors. 

I let out a heavy sigh before I noticed a certain smell in the air. I carefully moved Jasper so I wouldn't wake him and made my way out of bed and out of the room to investigate the familiar smell. As I was walking downstairs, I heard a small rustling of what seemed to be fabric being dragged on the floor. And as soon as I turned on a light, I sighed in relief. 

"Kitten, what are you doing here so late?" I walked over to where my smaller mate was standing, wrapped in a large blanket.

"I couldn't sleep." He looked up at me as he said this with his tired gaze, making me smile. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a small kiss on the head.

"Come upstairs with me then, Jasper is already asleep." I managed so sneak behind him so I could pick him up in my arms and carry him upstairs. I saw a small blush on his cheeks which made me smile in delight. 

Once we entered the room, his smell engulfed the entire space, causing Jasper to stir in his sleep. I nearly died as Rio began to make grabby hands towards the bed, trying to get to Jasper. I laid him down on the soft sheets and he immediately crawled into them and snuggled against our mate, letting out a low purr as he got comfortable. I let out a small chuckle as I too crawled into the bed, spooning our kitten who was in between us.

After a few minutes of silence, the two of us ended up falling asleep. 

---------------------

A//N:

I got distracted by sleep and games but here's the chapter I was gonna publish yesterday T_T it's also kinda short but I wanted to get something out to you so you guys wouldn't be waiting months again for another update

<3 Your Author