Twenty-one - Surprise

[Rio POV]

I put my hand on Tristan's shoulder, a serious look in my eyes, "Just hear me out-"

"I'm not getting you a puppy," he rudely interrupted me with his eyebrow raised.

"No, you don't understand-" 

"You already have a puppy," he grinned.

"Jasper doesn't count."

I have been bugging my mates about getting me a pet for a while now. Yes, I did have my cat at home, but she refuses to be anywhere else but my mom's house, which is rude. 

"How does Jasper not count? He's practically a golden retriever," Tristan smiled while he messed with my wavy hair.

"Excuse me, I want a corgi not a golden retriever," I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Aw, you're gonna make him sad!" Tristan chuckled, giving me a light kiss on my head.

"Speaking of Jasper, shouldn't he be home by now?" I looked up at my mate, his blue eyes immediately locking with mine. We always stayed at Tristan's house since it was bigger so we could all play much easier.

"He, well, had some extra things to take care of." I didn't like that answer, it basically screamed secrets. 

"Like what?" I gave him a dead stare, which never worked on either of them.

"It's a surprise, kitten," he smiled before pulling me into a hug, his face in my hair.

"Did you just smell me?" A look of disgust spread across my face as Tristan grinned, "I haven't showered yet today!" I hissed, swiping my hands at him which did nothing but make him laugh. 

Before I had the chance to tackle the blonde in front of me, the front door began to open. I perked up when I saw the familiar curly red hair of my other mate.

"Jasper!" I nearly smacked Tristan as I stumbled off of him to greet Jasper at the door, smiling brightly.

"Sorry I took so long, I had a few extra errands to run," he grinned, locking eyes with Tristan.

"Shall we go then?" Tristan asked, making me even more confused.

"Go where?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me as I looked between the two, forgetting that Tristan mentioned it was a surprise.

"You'll see," Jasper winked.

We weren't driving for very long before the car came to a complete halt. However, I still managed to fall asleep.

"We're here, kitten. Wake up," Tristan purred in my ear, causing me to wake up with a groan. 

"What? Where are we?" I asked as I was helped out of the car. I looked around to see a large house that I didn't recognize.

"I talked to my father, kitten. It took a while, but he has come to understand that he cannot control the fates. The pack has gifted us with this home. You have been wanting to move in with Tristan, so I figured why not we all move in together?" Jasper explained to me, making me tear up with happiness. However, just as the boys were about to shower me in hugs, I heard a faint sound come from inside.

"This house better not be haunted, Jasper," I looked at him with a blank look, hoping for him to say that it's not so we can go on with our day. 

"Actually, Kitten, there's one more surprise waiting inside." Jasper winked before taking my hand and leading me to the front door, Tristan close behind. He unlocked the door and walked in first, making it so I couldn't see what was in front of me and I nearly ran into him. 

"Wait here, love." Tristan gave me a kiss on the head before walking off into a random direction. I could still hear random noises that vaguely sounded like whining coming from the direction he disappeared in. Before I knew it, I heard a bark.

"Jasper, you didn't-"

"Surprise!" Tristan shouted, causing me to nearly fall to the floor.

"You got me a puppy!" I squealed as I ran over to my mate holding a puppy in his arms, a corgi puppy to be exact. "You said I couldn't have one cause we already have Jasper!" I grinned, not aware that I probably shouldn't have mentioned that in front of Jasper.

"You said what exactly?" Jasper smiled, cocking his head to the side as he stared at Tristan.

"It was in an endearing way, okay?" Tristan laughed nervously. "Anyway, what are you going to name her?" He asked me, smiling as I was busy petting her soft fur. 

"I dunno, I wasn't expecting to get one," I was still grinning from ear to ear.

"You don't have to name her right away, kitten," Jasper said as he wrapped an arm around my waist and gave me a soft kiss on my neck, making me blush.

"I'm surprised that she didn't make a mess while you were picking us up," Tristan said while he continued to watch me play with the puppy. 

"She's been pretty good with that, actually. Plus I let her outside for a little bit before leaving and it doesn't take long to drive from here to your place and back," Jasper explained, his arm still wrapped around me like he was a magnet.

"It's good that you were able to convince your father in time. We'll have more privacy here than at one of our family homes," Tristan chuckled, making me look up with a confused expression.

"Our parents always gave us privacy, though." I smiled up at them, not getting what they were hinting at.

"Kitten-" Jasper began, "There will be a full moon soon," I could feel him chuckle on my neck as he continued to hug me close.

"Oh." I smiled, until I realized what that meant. I wasn't the brightest. "Tristan! Jasper's gonna take away my purity!" I cried jokingly, getting an annoyed look from Jasper. I giggled when he smacked me lightly on the arm before burying himself back in my neck. 

A//N

Hey cuties! This wasn't exactly the chapter I had planned but I thought it would be cute to do^^

Sorry if it seems short for my first chapter back, I promise there will be more content soon TT

I was wondering if you guys would like me to post a Q&A about the boys? Or just about this story in general? If so don't hesitate to leave questions ^^ I tried to do one a while ago but there were barely any questions and I didn't want to post a Q&A that only had a couple questions to answer TT You can leave a question for a specific character to answer and questions for me too if you'd like! I'm happy to answer anything!

I'm also taking puppy name requests <3

Love you guys! 

Your Author <3