I got in, the tension setting quickly as soon as the doors were shut. I waited for Michael to turn on the radio as soon as we pulled out, but instead we just sat in silence. I placed my hands in my lap, keeping my gaze on the blurs of green that we were passing.

"So," he cleared his throat, "Now that you can't walk away from me, it's about time that I apologized," his voice got softer as he continued. I held my breath for a moment, was he really about to do this? Would I even be able to forgive him? I just nod, keeping my eyes on the road.

"So first, I'm sorry," he gripped the steering wheel, "I'm sorry for yelling, for fighting, for being an obsessive asshole, and for kissing you." His face flushed a bit.

"When we started being friends and we were hanging out, well it was the first time any girl had paid any attention to me, you know?" His face continued to redden.

"I knew that we would only ever be just friends, but I kept having these feelings for you, as I happened to tell you," he cringed, probably thinking about the night he left me standing alone in the street.

"Anyway, I kept having these feelings, which I didn't want to have in the first place because being friends with you was fun. Then, I found out about you and Luke and, as any teenage guy would, I got a bit jealous."

"A bit?" I mutter, crossing my arms.

"I know," he sighed. "After a while, it stopped being about me liking you and it turned into me wanting to be better than Luke," he slowed the car down, stopping at a red light.

"I didn't realize that, of course, so I let my insanity consume me. When things ended with you and Luke, well I saw how hurt you both were, and I realized how much of a dick I was," he glanced over at me tentatively.

I had to bite the inside of my cheek. I couldn't tell if I wanted to cry, scream, or forgive him. "Are you just happy because Luke and I are over now?" I looked at him for the first time in the whole car ride, "Just because he is out of the picture, now there is nothing to be jealous of. If he and I were-"I turned away, unable to finish.

"If you guys were still together, I still would have apologized," he insisted. I could feel his stare on me. Part of me didn't believe that bit. "Its just an added bonus," he mumbled under his breath.

"I-" I didn't know what to say really. I was so conflicted.

"You don't have to forgive me, but I just want to be your friend again. You have to admit, we were good mates," he gave my arm a soft push, making me tense up. "I promise, I don't have feelings like that for you anymore."

I looked over at him, his eyes were filled with guilt and the slightest hint of hope.

"I forgive you," I mumble unsurely.

"You do?" His eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah," I answered shyly. "I might just need some time to get used to things, with everything else going on."

"Well, I'm here for you," he smiles, pulling into Ashton's driveway. "Come on," he turns off the car, running around to the other side to open the door for me. I give him a smile, brightening up his features. We walked up to the house silently.

"Mikey?" I whisper, making him look at me in concern. He was straining to hide his smile at my use of the name Mikey. "Thanks," I murmur, looking down.

"No, thank you, for giving me another chance," he hesitates for a moment, before pulling me into a quick hug. I was tense at first, but quickly melted into his hold. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to convince me I was making the right choice.