Mick is... well Mick. I really don't know much about him, despite us being close friends. I know he moved here from Ireland a few years ago and he's a year younger than us. He's 6'3. Has blonde hair and greenish eyes... Wow, I really don't know much about this boy...

I tried to focus back into the boys conversation but I was lost. They were talking about some new restaurant on North Boulevard.

"Hey" Someone touched my arm and I turned around and met soft grey eyes.

"What do you want?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't necessarily mean to be mean. I just didn't understand why he was talking to me.

"We used to be friends. When we were on the community center hockey team-"

"I remember?" I nodded. "Why are you talking to me now, Benjamin?"

"You're really rude" Benjamin smiled at me and I frowned.

"Thank you" I rolled my eyes. "Once again, what do you want?"

"Me and my friends were talking to some girls from Eastview and they told us that you have a reputation" Benjamin pointed over to where Tommy and Vincent were sitting with a group of girls.

"Are you about to ask me to have sex with you and your friends or something?" I squinted at him and his cheeks turned pink.

"Oh- Oh no. That's not what I meant" He rubbed the back of his neck. "They said that you don't believe in love"

"That's because I don't" I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I wanna take you out" He smiled and I could hear my friends conversation die out as they started listening.

"No" I scoffed and I heard Charlie gasp quietly. God that boy is dramatic.

"C'mon. Let me prove to you that love exists"

"Why?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know. I just want to" Benjamin shrugged with that stupid smile still on his face.

"Then no" I turned away from him and he touched my arm again.

"I know you know about our 'rivalry'" He put air quotes around the word.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Let me convince you that love exists" Benjamin grinned at me.

"Love is just some delusion our mind creates to make sure that we procreate" I rolled my eyes. "And even if it did exist, wouldn't falling in love with you just hurt me in the end anyway?"

"Maybe not" Benjamin shrugged. "If you don't believe in love by graduation, I'll tell everyone that you're the better hockey player"

"Really?" I asked and he nodded. "Fine. Just don't get your hopes up too high, Prescott."

"Are you serious?" Benjamin's smile widened.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"Alright, awesome. Uh, can I get your number? So I can send you when we can go out?" Benjamin asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Give me your phone"

Sage Preston

(xxx) - xxx - xxxx

"Thanks" He smiled. "I'll text you tonight" He started to back away and I frowned.

"Please don't!" I called after him and he just laughed and shook his head.

"Eastview high wins!" The announcer said over the microphone and I turned back towards the ice, but was met with 2 shocked faces staring at me.

"What did we miss?" May and Piper walked over to us from where they were celebrating the win on the ice.

"Is it really a shock that we won?" Piper joked but the guys stayed silent. "Okay what's going on?"

"I have a date with Benjamin Prescott" I mumbled and instead of 2 shocked faces staring at me, there was 4.

What have I gotten myself into?

a u t h o r s   n o t e

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of One Of A Kind! We should be back on schedule now! Updates every Monday & Friday!

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i