•Chapter Eleven•

[A/N: hey um I'm not desperate hA but if you guys have any name suggestions for a badass bitch that'd be great

[A/N: hey um I'm not desperate hA but if you guys have any name suggestions for a badass bitch that'd be great. (For another book) you guys are awesome and thanks for 100 reads woohoo!!]

Delaney wakes up against Peter, the headphone still in his ear. He was not awake when they arrived to the hotel. She feels her lips tug up when she sees their hands together and gives them a squeeze. "Peter?" Delaney says in a small whisper. He opens his eyes and looks over at her. They both realize their close proximity to each other and move away, Peter clearing his throat. "We're here?" Delaney nods and covers the blush on her face with her hands. The two flustered teenagers join the line to get off the bus with their peers.

A few hours pass by and most of the academic decathlon students decided to go swimming. MJ, Ned, Peter and Delaney decline and plan for the next day. MJ was reading and looking up protest spots in the area on Delaney's laptop as Delaney took a quick shower. In the boys room, they were up to something.

With equipment set out, Peter leaves Ned alone and swiftly jumps over the wall. After Peter said he had it under control, there was a knock on the door.

"Uhhh just a second!" Ned quickly takes down the screens and gadgets, leaving the earpiece on. "Who is it?" Asks Peter. Ned opens the door and Delaney walks in. "Hey Delaney." Peter starts panicking on the other side of the piece. "What if she asks where I am? What if she knows?" Ned tries to tune him out to hear her. "Ned? I need to talk to you about something."

"Ned? What's going on?" Peter asks and Ned shakes his head which makes Delaney give him a confusing look. Ned turns around. "Peter I'll talk to you later don't die okay. If anything bad happens you can call." Then turns off the earpiece before he could object.

"Um, I guess Peter isn't here? Did he go with the others?" Ned becomes nervous and tries to think of something quick. "Actually it doesn't matter I guess. It's about being Sorceress. I think I can do more than just telekinesis. I think... I think I might be able to control water."

Ned's eyes widen and looks around the room for something. Delaney sits down on what must've been Peter's bed and picks up one of his hoodies. Ned comes towards her with an empty cup and sets it down in front of her. "So I finished my shower less than five minutes ago. Notice anything?" He looks at her trying to find out what she was talking about. "You're really clean now?"

"My hair. It's completely dry. But it wasn't when I stepped out. Okay don't freak out." She flips her hands up and water flows from her palms into the air. Water droplets float around above their heads as they laugh in astonishment.

"When are you telling Tony Stark?" Ned asks as she focuses on the cup. Ned watches as the droplets fall into it. "After the trip. I don't want him to freak out and take me out of the competition. Having one less person on the team might mess this up for us. Speaking of, where is Peter?"

Ned sighs. "He uh, took off. He said he'll be back in time for the competition." Delaney nods and looks down at the hoodie still on her lap. She puts it down and stretches out her arms. "I'm sure he's okay. Um, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow. We're gonna kick ass!" Delaney says as she gets up and head towards the door. Ned smiles at the optimistic girl. "Totally! Goodnight Delaney, and try not to drown MJ in her sleep." Her eyes fill with worry and Ned puts his hands up. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding, sorry too soon." She relaxes and closes the door after waving again.

Delaney comes back into her room to see MJ asleep and flops onto her bed. Closing her eyes, she fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Peter as Spider-Man was stuck in a warehouse trying to open the gates. Having only Karen to keep him company, he regretted not asking Sorceress to go with him.